AF and Bleeding

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

AF and Bleeding

Postby kagenaruto23 » 03 Jun 2012, 15:33

Hello!
I am in the process of trying to heal an AF at the moment and although it has gotten better over the past 2 months, as in the pain and burning sensation has diminished quite a bit and currently, i'm only left with some discomfort during a beginning of a BM with a slight pinch of pain and no pain at all afterwards, but I'm still having some bleeding occur during a BM. Even though the pain is not bothering me anymore, I'm worried that there is still some bleeding. The blood is still bright red and I know when I have a BM based on how it feels whether I'll be seeing blood when I wipe (sorry for TMI).
My question to anybody that can help is: Is it normal for bleeding to occur during the healing of an AF, even when the pain has diminished? And how long should the bleeding go on for and when should I become concerned? At one point the bleeding stopped for about a week and half and then just this week the bleeding started up again (lasting for about 5 days) but the pain is still barely there. I want to be optimistic with the pain diminishing and having no burning sensation or pain throughout the day that my AF is finally getting better, but I'm concerned that there is still blood after a BM.
Thanks!
kagenaruto23
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: AF and Bleeding

Postby Emm123 » 04 Jun 2012, 12:19

Hi!
First of all there is no such thing as tmi here. We're all here to help.
Did you see a CRS as yet? Or any doctor?
Trying anything like ointments prescribed by a doctor?
The pain is usually spasms from the contractions in the area. This hampers the healing a lot.
The bleeding means it hasn't healed yet. It might spot blood off and on but once there is pain, its not good at all!
My advice is to see a doctor. They will most likely give you something to put to relax the area and tell you about sorting out your diet and may tell you to do sitz baths. If this doesn't work for at Max 3 months its best you go the surgery route.
Good luck OP! Do keep us in touch.
Emm123
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Re: AF and Bleeding

Postby kagenaruto23 » 04 Jun 2012, 17:25

Hello!
I have not been able to see a CRS yet (no health insurance Image ) so the only thing I have been able to do is research and try to heal this thing on my own.
I have pretty much no pain at all, other than the initial BM coming out but I'm fine afterwards. The only pain i feel is as the BM is coming out. No pain or discomfort for the whole day. The only thing is I've seen blood on the TP and the last bit of stool after each BM. It's just been for this past week that there has been blood. I'm not sure why I have no pain but still have blood.
I'm trying to be optimistic based on the fact on how much better it's gotten in the past 2 months. There used to be a lot of pain and burning sensation in the beginning.
I do sitz baths, take metamucil, and not just started on Miralax to see if I can soften my stool. No ointments or anything like that.
Thanks for all your help!
kagenaruto23
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2