Ibuprofen - how many for how long?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Ibuprofen - how many for how long?

Postby juney » 02 Nov 2007, 11:52

i've taken 800mg of ibuprofen almost every day for about 4 months now. it at least helps me not to constantly think about the fissure. i'm slowly trying to cut back, as i'm HOPING my fissure is healing and i won't need it as much. the past 2 days i've only taken 400mg.
my surgeon told me it was ok to take 800mg everyday for awhile as i'm healing, but another dr seemed concerned with taking that much everyday. who knows? i don't even think the dr's have a clear idea. i think anything that helps you get thru the day (and your life!) should be used. i know there are some days i absolutely couldn't live without a mild painkiller.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Fissulyna » 02 Nov 2007, 15:50

Ibuprofen makes my stomach go crazy - I mean I get diarrhea INSTANTLY : (. I also can't take Alive and such. So, I asked 3 days ago for Relafen, (Nabutamene sp?), which is NSAID that I took for 2 years while I had Fibro. It does, as all NSAIDs effects liver and kidneys and can cause internal bleeding, but with this one (since it is by prescription only) they have to check your liver function every 3 months and urine too - so there is no guessing ; ). I decided to try to take it to curb my inflamation around the fissure site which is always present with every fissure. This drug , plus those 2 creams and Valium are my last attempt to get rid of this nightmare - 4 weeks more and I am going for LIS! Last day I felt somewhat better, ahhhhhhhhhh what a relief when sphincter "lets go" , oh my gosh, it is like a night and day !!!!! At least now I am sure that nothing else is causing my pain but stupid muscle, oh sometimes when I chop vegetables I have an urge to snap it myself ; )!!! My older daughter is very worried about me, just can't stand seeing me cry occasionally, so in full frustration she was wondering aloud: " I wonder what cave man did in hose situation???" " Nothing", I said, " They just couldn't run fast enough and cyber tiger just got them and saved them from further suffering "!!! We both laughed so much : )))... Anybody has a pet tiger, perhaps ???? ; )))
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Deleted User 5 » 02 Nov 2007, 16:25

I think ibuprofen makes my kidneys go haywire! I took some the other night and my bladder filled over and over! I dehydrated pretty badly!
OK, Fissulyna, watch it with that knife, now!!
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 02 Nov 2007, 17:04

heh heh ; ))))) ! WHAT !!! Maybe I will find some new "do it yourself" home remedy ; ))) and strat selling it in a kit , ahhahahah. Stake knife looks pretty "dainty". Not to mention that during my Biology studies I was the best in any dissection procedure - did some procedures that other students were not able to do in 10 years in Animal Physiology Lab (very proudly said Fissulyna ; ). AND, If I look into my garage long enough I am sure I have my dissection set still there somewhere collecting the dust ; )))) ! HAH, like making a notch in the muscle is brain surgery ; )))) !!!!
LOVE this new format of the forum : ))))))!!!!!! V_E_R_Y cooooool !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 02 Nov 2007, 17:07

I have seriously been in such pain that I have been tempted to pull a do it yourselfer on my butt. It can be that aggravating!