Words of Advice and Comfort from Experience

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Words of Advice and Comfort from Experience

Postby Deleted User 1567 » 13 Jun 2012, 23:00

:D
Last edited by Deleted User 1567 on 26 Jan 2014, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 1567

Re: Words of Advice and Comfort from Experience

Postby workingonit » 14 Jun 2012, 08:06

Hi,
Thanks so much for your post. I've come to a lot of the same conclusions over the past 10 months. It's so nice to hear from someone so far removed from the original hardship with no relapse. Really encourages me that it is possible. I am about 99% healed, but my greatest fear is that it will just happen again. So I really appreciate your story!
I do ascribe a large part of my healing to my lowering of stress levels. I found that just cutting out enough of my daily 'stuff to do' and replacing that time with vacuous but entertaining movies and books was the key to lowering stress for me. I've been watching movies during the day, something I never did before unless I had the flu!
The house is messy and my studies have lapsed so far, that I will probably have to relearn some stuff. But it is worth it!!!
I actually feel younger too. Stress is so insidious!
So glad you had someone to help you through your ordeal. I think this forum serves that purpose for so many people here. It is hard for loved ones to understand. Especially after months have gone by.
Thanks so much!!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Re: Words of Advice and Comfort from Experience

Postby Ever the Optimist » 14 Jun 2012, 13:05

Sjb,
Wow - thank you for taking time out to post this. Truly comforting as you talk about so many things that I can relate to. I was thinking this is ME most of the way through your post!..the obsession of it all, taking measures to extremes, researching the internet... and I've also drawn the same conclusions as you too. You just summarised it all brilliantly...Totally agree with the whole stress issue. I know major lifestyle changes played a major role in the development of my AF and there is a pattern....On my "good" days, I know I'm generally very positive, relaxed, happy, busy and just accepted the fissure is there. It rarely bothers me. On the "bad", I'm generally tired, down, stressed and very aware of the fissure and all the accompanying pains! I'm trying out all sorts of relaxation CD's and techniques to help out with the stress levels.
Your tips on diet I found really interesting too... Completely agree you need to be careful and keep everything balanced but I got a little too obsessed. I think a small amount of chocolate even helps me. It's something I see as a "treat" amidst the fibre, salads, endless water etc. etc. and I think keeps my BM's soft too! Everything in moderation....I think I'm going to start having a small glass of red vino again at night. That makes me feel really relaxed and it would be interesting to see exactly what effect it does have on the fissure - hopefully it won't!!
Still trying to get over the stress of not having a BM sometimes though. Understand that perfectly....LOL.....
Thank you so much for sharing that. It's been inspiring, encouraging and uplifting. ...Hoping you live fissure-free happily ever after! Image
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again