My Long story!! :(

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

My Long story!! :(

Postby aram122 » 16 Jun 2012, 16:59

Hey all, I really need your support, had LIS back in march cause of a chronic anal fissure and hemis. that experience was a disaster, it took almost 3 weeks to have painless BM's, anyway long story short one month post op and I developed an abscess, that was one of most horrible pain I have ever felt!! and since it wasn't draining I had a very very bad swelling, anyway had an operation called fistulectomy, I woke up and the pain much more bearable than the pain of the abscess it self. Doc said there was a lot of puss in there. anyway i checked my butt and it appears that I have a second hole next my anus and a wound to goes all the way to end of my buttocks. Recovery was much much easier than the LIS!! I couldn't believe it or because this CRS was one of the top around as I was advised to go to my first CRS again who preformed my LIS. so its been 7 weeks now after my surgery, the wound healed but i still have that hole next to anus and its still draining!! Went back to my CRS a couple of days ago and he was in shock when he heard that its still draining he had a look and told me all is well and gave me two courses of doxycycline antibiotic and told me that to finish the med. and if in 3 weeks it doesn't clear up I had to go back for another check up. anyway 4 days after taking doxycycline pills the discharge has no foul smelling odor anymore and it decreased in quantity but today while going to preform my second sitz bath I removed my gauze and there was blood and little of puss. again no foul smelling odor at all but i was confused about the blood!! I mean is it bad or good and is this normal?? I start a new job next week and I am really pissed that there maybe a third surgery on the way!! besides I miss working out!!! and am gaining weight :(
Please advise ppl!!
aram122
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: My Long story!! :(

Postby aram122 » 17 Jun 2012, 19:01

anyone?!?! please I need an answer or some advice at least!!! :(
aram122
Fibre Addict

Postby bdawn » 17 Jun 2012, 22:50

Hi, I have no personal experience with fistulas but there are quite a few threads in here you may want to take a look at. I found this link- http://anal-fissure.org/t3247-good-luck-tomorrow-summergal#60739. Summergal, Hopetoheal and Adam are a few boardies I recall who had surgery for fistulas. You can search the member list and follow there post:) There's quite a bit of info between Hope and Summer in that thread though...
bdawn
Fibre Addict

Postby jr2 » 18 Jun 2012, 09:23

I'm a little confused by your CRS telling you all is well, but he was in shock that it was still draining and then sent you home with antibiotics. How can all be well? Something isn't right or it wouldn't still be draining and you wouldn't need antibiotics. I don't know about the blood either. Is this hole you describe in a new location? You said the wound is healed but you still have a hole near your anus?
It sounds like you need to get some more definitive answers from your doctor about what's going on. I wouldnt hesitate to call and ask more pointed questions about what is going on.
I'm so sorry this saga continues on for you after having been through so much already. I wish I could offer you more advice, but do hope for better days and better information from your doctor.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Jenbug » 18 Jun 2012, 10:00

Are you sure it was pus? Exudate can be the same color and has little to no odor. It's natural for draining wounds, such as the one you had from your abscess and fistulectomy to have exudate and its part of the healing process.
As for the new hole, I have no idea about that. After my fistulectomy it looked like my butt had been split apart and a huge trench dug through it and through my spincter.
And your CRS should have told you that bleeding is normal for up to 8 weeks after surgery.
Jenbug
Salt Bather

Topics: 23

Postby aram122 » 18 Jun 2012, 18:42

The hole was made along with the incision. Its not new at all. My crs told me that there is still some healing to be done. Its not 100% healed yet. I am not sure how puss should really smell. Whats coming on the gauze now is light yellow with some odor but not as strong as before! And i notice sometimes that there is very little stool spots on the gauze when i pass gass. I used to get brown discharge but ever since i started the antibitoics it turned to light yellow and decreased in quantity. I have no pain at all but it is sometimes a little bit itchy but only lasts forlike seconds. i amnot sure whats normal or not but if i finish my meds and its still draining i will have to go back to the crs again. I am now sitz bathing twice a day with salts and drying with a hair blower
aram122
Fibre Addict