I'm back with good and bad news

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: I'm back with good and bad news

Postby Guest » 03 Nov 2007, 18:19

Hey G...
I have Rosacea also. Isn't this weird that we all have this common link? Mine is under control not very bad at all, but I will look into the herbs my self.
Patty

Postby Guest » 03 Nov 2007, 19:36

I don't have rosacea per se, (at least not what I understand to be rosacea) but my cheeks get inflamed and red quite easily-any sun exposure, stress, heat turns the whole cheek area red.
Could there be a connection.....?

Postby Fissulyna » 04 Nov 2007, 00:57

Well, sun can activate rosacea , but rosacea usually "attacks" nose, chin, sometimes eyelids and sometimes cheeks , but i am almost sure that you don't have it - I don't know why Image, just intuition I guess ; ) ! You might be just extra sensitive to the sun, and stress definitely causes our capillaries to widen and we get "nice glow" Image)), heat has same effect Image. You are just a "blushing bride" baby -doll ; ), that is cute !!!!! Do you know that some people (like me) blush on different parts of a body in those situations ???? I blush on my neck and chest area - imagine that embarrassment !!! Once doctor called his colleagues to "see rare example", I was at OBGYN, office,mind you !!! Doctors are sometimes really idiots!
XOXO
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 04 Nov 2007, 07:52

Patty, frankly I'm not surprised that many of us fissure sufferers also have rosacea. I suppose we're all sensitive and prone to inflammation at both ends!!
TCM has been great but only because I was given the option to take herbal pills instead of the teas. Basically the TCM doctor gives you various herbs that you boil when you get home, and then drink the resulting tea. The teas are absolutely disgusting - and that is an understatement. I could not swallow any without throwing up. Plus who has time to sit there and boil teas twice a day?? I barely have time to cook!
I have an appointment with the Rudd clinic tomorrow. I think they'll want to do another surgery, and I refuse. There has got to be a better way!!! I am not going in for a third surgery. This has gone far enough.

Postby happyass » 04 Nov 2007, 15:11

G,
I bet that macrobiotics could help you very much with the inflammation on the inside. Along with your chinese therapy, macrobiotics would be a great companion and help resolve some other issues. Your big challeng would be the 'i don't have time to cook' thing though.
For me, macrobiotics helped me heal my fissure and no surgery.
Good luck!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby buttgirl » 05 Nov 2007, 11:14

I know that people who are prone to blushing are also prone to rosacea. Mine is mainly on my cheecks and forehead. for some reason it skips my nose and chin.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Deleted User 5 » 05 Nov 2007, 11:18

Mine is on my nose and upper lip area. I'll get a splotch or two on my face next to my nose occasionally.
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 05 Nov 2007, 14:33

i get pimples on my butt but not roseacea. Image :lol!:
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

ridiculousness

Postby Guest » 07 Nov 2007, 09:45

Ok, so I had an appointment at the Rudd Clinic on Monday morning, where it was revealed that my posterior fissure is healed, but another very tiny one had formed on the side of the anus. I knew that because I could feel it. I'm glad the first one healed, because now I know that it's possible!! The chinese herbs I've been using worked very well indeed.
However I still have fissuring going on there, which is annoying. So then the doctor tells me that I have ongoing fissures because I'm stressed and anxious about it. So I just need to relax and it'll fix itself. WTF?? Although I do worry about the fissure sometimes, it's mostly when I have BMs. I mean I don't think about this thing all day, and I actually a pretty relaxed person and my life is not stressful. This guy doesn't even know me and he tells me to relax. Also, if I can't relax, he says that the next step is to put me on anti-depressants or anti-anxiety meds to make me relax!!!! That is simply NOT going to happen. I refuse to medicate myself.
Also, here's something weird. I'm 5'1'' and I weigh 130lbs. I look pretty average and I feel quite healthy. But this doctor also told me that I really should lose some weight because it's preventing my healing!! And he wants me to go down to 100lbs to reach my "ideal weight". Does anyone else think this is a load of crap? I haven't weighed 100lbs since I was like, 7 years old. I don't get it. What does my weight have to do with my fissure anyway??
So that appointment was a total waste of my time.
Hugh - I read on another thread that you were wondering about the connection between sugar and rosacea. Google "The Rosacea Diet" - this guy wrote a book about how sugar (and sugar from carbs) are basically responsible for rosacea. He suggests this nearly impossible diet but swears by it. Says it healed him. I agree that sugar and heavy starches are inflammatory, because it affects my rosacea. I try to limit my sugar and carbs intake, and stick to low-glycemic carbs. But to completely eradicate sugar from one's diet is pretty difficult. Anyway, thought it could help you out!
Hope everyone is well,
Geneviиve

Postby Guest » 07 Nov 2007, 09:48

Oh, Gareth, I forgot to mention that I've looked into the macrobiotics thing and it's pretty interesting. Seems a bit time-consuming though.