I'm back, after months of no pain

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I'm back, after months of no pain

Postby Guest » 27 Jun 2012, 07:59

I had Botox injections along with a skin tag removal and an examination back in December, and after a month the Botox kicked in and I felt alot better for a long time, till this month, I had been refered by my GP to the surgeon that did the Botox originally (on NHS this time) and I have just recently had my appointment with the surgeon and he asked why I was back, I literally just said how for months I was pain free and how just recently I have been in pain again, he didn't ask anymore, or even have a look he just said ok more Botox injections then and sent me on my way.
Just feel so down about it all, I thought I had sorted this, and I also have problems (totally unrelated) with my ankle and need to see a Podiatrist (next month) ...just feeling fed up of it all and wondering will the fissure ever totally go away

Re: I'm back, after months of no pain

Postby jillywilly » 27 Jun 2012, 09:32

Sorry to hear you feeling so down, I know how much this horrible condition effects our whole lives. After months of pain & getting nowhere using rectogesic, i had my first Botox injection 5 days ago, I'm now waiting & hoping that it will stop the painful spasm I get after every bm which last for hours. My crs told me that in his experience Botox works for 60% of sufferers & last 8-12 weeks during which time it should allow improved blood flow & promote healing of the fissure however if after this time symptoms return then they will just inject more Botox. It sounds to me like thats the thinking of your crs although I would have thought he'd of examined you to try & deter what's going on. It must be awful to feel like you are back to square one again but as the Botox gave you several pain free months maybe having another lot would do the same again. Can I just ask how you felt in the first few weeks after your Botox cos at the mo I feel exactly the same as before still getting bad spasm Pain after bm, does this suddenly just stop?
Sending very best wishes to you
Jill xx
jillywilly
Salt Bather

Topics: 12