New to both having an AF and to this forum

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New to both having an AF and to this forum

Postby sam2021 » 05 Jul 2012, 00:42

Hello,
So how did I happen to come across this forum? Well not to disgust anyone or seem unhygienic, but I was sitting on the toilet, and was afraid to push. I thought maybe reading about it on the net while having my bowel movements would help distract me from that. At the first sign of bleeding I immediately stopped. Knowing that this would not be the best thing in any way for my AF, I used some oil and gave myself an enema down there to help loosen things up. Tons of blood still came but its ALWAYS the first push that scares me. The rest seems to me all smooth.
So about me, I'm a 24 year old male. Currently a medical student. I personally diagnosed myself with practically everything I've studied in the past 2 years. It drives my already high anxiety levels through the roof. Well thank god that it is just an AF. I visited my family doctor over 1.5 months ago and he confirmed one of the diagnoses I had already made. As usual, he prescribed me metamucil, told me to eat lots of fiber and water, made me do a colon test, and a blood test. The metamucil really helped me. My bowel movements which are regular at once per day, started happening every 2 to 3 days. I've had constipation on and off my whole life. My mom had made me try everything out there from prune juice to castor oil to chocolate laxatives to suppositories when I was a child. Well anyways, after seeing the doctor, my bowel movements became daily and loose once again, and with that the AF also healed. After a few weeks, 3 days ago, I had a hard bowel movement and the AF had reappeared. And now again, just a short while ago. So that's my story, and looking forward to reading others experiences and what works and what doesn't, and without any tips I may soon develop the fear to poop!
sam2021

Topics: 1

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here