Transitioning off all medication, is it possible?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Transitioning off all medication, is it possible?

Postby ukguy » 06 Jul 2012, 02:11

Hi Av23,
That sounds familiar. The 3-4 week mark has been my downfall the last 3 times, and I think its because I have started to relax, returning to my old ways, too quickly.
I am down to one Movicol sachet a day (taken at night). I've replaced my morning sachet with a mug of hot water with lemon and a small glass prune juice.
I'm about 10 days on from my last tear, so I have a way to go yet before I can say I am recovered. In fact I'm not sure I will ever say I am fully recovered. It feels a bit like being an alcoholic, you're always 'recovering'?
I'm enjoying feeling well and pain-free, I don't take it for granted and I thank my lucky stars each day I continue to feel pain-free and blood free down there. I should have done this years ago. I'm losing a bit of weight which is welcome too as I am eating so much healthier than before.
So I'm staying off the crisps, nuts, red meat, white carbs and big sessions on the booze for a little while longer yet. My next project is to see if I can get down to 1/2 Movicol sachet a day, and if I can, I'm going to stay on that for a month, see if I can get into the so far unknown territory of 6+ weeks of being pain-free.
Good luck to you too, it sounds like you do have the ability to recover but also have the ability to self implode, just like me, so keep strong ;-)
ukguy
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby av123 » 06 Jul 2012, 08:08

thanks UKguy guy! I hope it goes well for you too :)
It definitely sounds like we are in the same boat...the only thing stopping me from healing, or at least going beyond that 3-4 week mark is my lack of self control. I can eat most things but definitely not corn chips, pop corn or the 'crunchier' chips like kettle but I try to stay on the safe side and avoid bad food in general.
I was pain and blood free today (wooh!) so hopefully we can both make it to that 6 week mark and beyond! Good luck!! :)
av123
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby ukguy » 10 Jul 2012, 17:01

I'm now on 1/2 Movicol sachet at night, hot water with lemon and a glass of prune juice in the mornings. Water, fruit, fish, vegetables throughout the day.
No crisps, no red meat, no nuts.
Day 14. Been here so many times before though so taking nothing for granted.
My name is ukguy and I am still an AF sufferer.
ukguy
Salt Bather

Topics: 9