Wanted to share somethings that have been working

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Wanted to share somethings that have been working

Postby 357Magnum » 03 Jul 2012, 20:58

Hey Gang,
I wanted to share a new thing i have been doing for the past few weeks that is really allowing me to gain ground on the whole AF thing. I have been mixing coconut oil, A&D ointment, and Aloe Gel. I get everything real warm by letting it sit in the sun, then i take three toothpicks and wisk it all together so it is evenly blended. Once it is blended i put it in the fridge so it will harden and not separate. Once it is in a more solid state i then make little pieces out of it about the size of a jelly bean. I then put it back in the fridge. Before bed every night i take one of the "jelly beans" and place it on the affected area. I let it melt, once it is slippery i push it inside so i can coat the inside of the muscle wall too, then i apply a cotton ball and go to sleep. In the morning i remove the cotton ball. I then apply another "jelly bean" in order to grease the tracks so to speak. It makes the BM much better. I then procceed to take a quick shower and then a sitz bath, I cleanse the area with the same mixture again, it works well for me for cleaning too, much better than soap! Then i get out of the tub and let everything dry completely, and i try and keep it dry for alittle while afterwords, a cut does need some dry time. If needed i will put some more ointment on for comfort, but some days now it isnt even needed!
A few other things:
EVERY night before bed I eat 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil, i feel it helps heal the insides, and again greases the tracks for the morning.
I also drink aloe gel atleast every other day, usually in the morning, again i feel this helps to heal the insides.
Every morning i always start with a big glass of cold water, I read cold water in the morning stimulates a BM, and it kinda does! plus hydration is always important.
I also consume a special green herb, depending on where you live it may or may not be legal, but it helps reduce the spasms, and clear the mind of negative fissure thoughts.
and last but not least, EAT HEALTHY! I did a juice diet and dropped 15 pounds to take pressure off my bowels, and now I just try and fill my mouth with salads and healthy stuff and not pizza, cutting down on bread has helped also.
With sitz baths i also alternate, some i will take with just fresh H2O, some i will add salt from the pharmacy, and some i will add the aloe gel (the same stuff i drink), i find alternating has been a good thing, i think salt can irritate over time. I have also dabbled with some jojoba oil and tea tree oil in the bath water
if any of this helps i am happy, and if i think of anything else i will add it, but right now this is working for me, i am not out of the danger zone yet, but i can see it on the horizon!
357Magnum
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Wanted to share somethings that have been working

Postby 357Magnum » 14 Jul 2012, 08:22

So today is the day i have been waiting for, I am getting married today, I was determined to not be in pain today, and so far i am not, did my business this morning, had a good long soak, cleansed myself with the coconut oil mixture described above, and I am feeling good, Wont be able to eat all the food at the wedding, but it wasnt a mistake we ordered garden salad and quinoa salad as part of the catered meal.
357Magnum
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Wanted to share somethings that have been working

Postby jr2 » 14 Jul 2012, 09:16

magnum.
so glad to read that you've found a routine that brings you relief. It sounds like a good mixture!
And congratulations on your wedding day! I hope your day is beautiful in every way and wish you all the best on such an exciting day in your life.
jr2

Topics: 15

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion