Day 15 post surgery - first pain free bm in nearly a year!!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Day 15 post surgery - first pain free bm in nearly a year!!!

Postby Kat » 15 Jul 2012, 02:42

Hi SteveR, I'm going pretty well. Thanks for asking! I am three weeks and two days post surgery and am feeling about 90% of the way there. Am pain free but it's still a little bit irritated some days. I have my post op appointment with the doctor this coming Thursday so will talk to him about weaning myself off the laxatives as I think that will be my next challenge.
Kat
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby andyk123 » 18 Jul 2012, 13:14

hello kat, glad to hear you are recovering well.
i had surgery 6 days ago and just have a question about your recovery.
what was the pain like after the surgery up to day 15? im currently experiencing a lot of pain going to the toilet! did it suddenly improve for you or was it gradual?
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Kat » 18 Jul 2012, 15:46

i take it all back. Day 27 and I had a very painful bm today :(. Darn it. Thought I was going to get lucky and recover quickly but I think perhaps i didn't drink enough water yesterday as I was just so busy.
It was a gradual improvement in terms of pain up until Day 15 and then Day 15 it was like overnight it had all healed. Even though it hurt a little today, it was nothing like the pain I experienced in the first couple of weeks post surgery and today's pain settled within about 20 minutes. Am back to the doctor today for my post op appointment.
Kat
Salt Bather

Topics: 6