I am not alone!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

I am not alone!

Postby Esesbee » 01 Aug 2012, 05:18

Hi. I have been diagnosed with a low fistula in ano after several painful abscesses in that region. I currently have a seton in place (the second one as the first one fell out after 6 days!). It's been nearly two weeks since this seton was put in and the first week was fine, much less painful that it had been for the first one but over the past few days I have developed a hard lump just behind the area where the seton is. My GP has examined me and confirmed that I have an infection and I'm now on antibiotics. The pain has been dreadful and the only place I am really comfortable is lying in a hot bath in the stirrup position!
Has anyone else experienced this?
Sharon Image
Esesbee

Topics: 1

Re: I am not alone!

Postby Ever the Optimist » 01 Aug 2012, 14:14

Hiya,
Sorry to hear of your current predicament. Healing fistulas aren't much fun are they??
I haven't experienced what you currently are, but totally sympathise with the level of pain you must be experiencing. Are pain killers helping?
Is the hard lump like another abscess formation?
I hope that the anti-biotics help sort things out for you. It's bad enough trying to deal with the fistula healing as well as it all getting infected too...
Hoping you get over your infection very soon .....
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Re: I am not alone!

Postby Esesbee » 02 Aug 2012, 11:00

Hi
The pain killers do help a bit but the antibiotics don't seem to be shrinking the lump. It certainly feels like an abscess. Fingers crossed for it either to shrink or burst! I'm still waiting for my follow up appointment at St Mark's in Harrow. Such fun - not!
Esesbee

Topics: 1