T minus 7 days to LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

T minus 7 days to LIS

Postby Deleted User 1755 » 14 Aug 2012, 22:02

Hi all! I am new here but have been reading for a while.
I have been dealing with fissures off and on since childbirth and my kiddo is almost seven. Until March of this year I could usually do a lot sitz baths and things would heal enough to stop bugging me for a couple/few months. Since March I have been in sheer misery, but didn't suspect fissures this time at first because my first symptom was intense itching which I typically didn't have prior. I thought I had been blessed with a yeast infection (so did my OBGYN) and tried everything under the sun for that before the pain got worse and bleeding started and I realized that this time I have three small fissures.
My states of existence right now are
1) itchy, like can't sit still want to punch something or tear your eyeballs out itchy.
2) stinging
3) burning
4) something akin to an electrical shock up the wazoo
5) throbbing ache
So I am scheduled for my LIS and not sure what to expect. My husband is thrilled that he can now legitimately call me a tight arse (for another week) hence the user name.
I made the mistake of watching the procedure on YouTube. I would not recommend that. I have read all your success stories and I am trying to hype myself up but I have to admit I am pretty mortified about what's to come. I generally try to avoid letting anyone near my bum, especially with a scalpel. Image
Will make a full report on the procedure next week.
Deleted User 1755

Re: T minus 7 days to LIS

Postby Strangeworldaf » 15 Aug 2012, 08:55

Wish you a speedy recovery and healthy life. Is your surgery on Monday?
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Savaici » 15 Aug 2012, 19:55

Hi there, TA....
All the very best for your surgery. You have confidence, and that's a big step along the way. Many have had LIS, most with no problems, hence them never coming back to the group! They are getting on with their lives. Have a read of Davo's surgery and that will give you a good idea of how good it goes.
All the best!! :D
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Deleted User 1755 » 15 Aug 2012, 20:32

Thanks!
I did read Davo's thread and it was great! My surgery is set for Tuesday. 6 more days. Gah! I have the jitters and am trying not to think about the slight incontinence risk. I am desperate to find relief. I am too young for this... at least in my own mind I am.
I am not too thrilled that from here on out I need to list this procedure on all my health forms, but who needs pride right?
Deleted User 1755

Postby Strangeworldaf » 15 Aug 2012, 20:39

Tight... I am also scheduled for LIS on Tuesday....I have the same fears as you have....I am very scared but don't want to live in pain. This fissure is causing issues with daily life.
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 1755 » 15 Aug 2012, 21:10

I keep telling my husband that taking care of the fissures is like a part time job for me these days. It's ridiculous!
I hope both of us have successful surgeries and can get on with life soon. Good luck on Tuesday, strangeworld!
Deleted User 1755

Postby Strangeworldaf » 15 Aug 2012, 21:13

Thanks tight....good luck to you as well....let's help each other and pass this phase.
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 1755 » 16 Aug 2012, 10:34

I am curious. Does your doctor have you doing any prep, like an enema? Mine gave no instructions for prep except not to eat or drink after Monday evening. I am wondering if I ought to be doing more just for my own comfort.
Deleted User 1755

Postby Strangeworldaf » 16 Aug 2012, 12:06

My CRS attendant asked me if i take aspirin and if yes, then i need to stop it one week prior to the surgery and also no pre-surgery prep, the only thing instruction was not to eat and drink after 12midnight and i did asked her if should be taking any enema and she no not required....so i guess we just need to eat pretty early on monday evening and wake up early and finish our war with BM's and head to the surgery.
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Strangeworldaf » 16 Aug 2012, 20:39

Tight....do you have a diet plan for pre and post surgery? How are you keeping your BM's soft.....?
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist