LIS in less than a week in the US -- Need Help

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS in less than a week in the US -- Need Help

Postby Strangeworldaf » 15 Aug 2012, 13:25

I have a surgery scheduled in less than a week and i am looking for some help on the diet. I have tried the following but i end up having 3 BMs (almost watery).
I am talking 1 1/2 tablespoon of MOM at night and boiled vegs( carrots, cauliflower, green beans) twice daily(lunch and dinner).
Today i had 3 BMs and the third one was very painfull, i am afraid to go to Surgery with this BM diet.
Tried Miralax and that did not work.
Please help !
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Re: LIS in less than a week in the US -- Need Help

Postby Neen » 16 Aug 2012, 05:14

Miralax takes a couple of days to kick in so give it another go if you didnt give it a couple days first time. Maybe go to soups and broths for the day or 2 before and after surgery...that way things shouldnt be too bulky on the way out. I basically lived on soup, fruit popsicles and jello for those couple of days. Everyone is different so I hope you find what works and have a speedy recovery!
Neen
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Savaici » 16 Aug 2012, 06:45

Hi Strange!
Good posts to read are those of one of our moderators - in US - Happyass. http://anal-fissure.org/st/happyass
My diet, by the way, has been by trial and error, but basically it gives me the least pain, and enough calories. It is very soupy, just veg, and only once a day. Breakfast and 'dinner' I eat a toasted biscuit with honey, and I have a small amount of coffee with milk mornings.
Anxiety is a bugger on our digestive system, and though it's easy for me to say, the more you can relax pre-surgery, mind and body, the better for healing afterwards.
I also take MOM. Miralax did not agree with me. Both similar in the sense of being osmotic laxatives.
Anyway, do read Happyass, and others on his posts who write of their preparation for surgery.
Best of luck Image Will be thinking of and rooting for you!!
Sav
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Strangeworldaf » 16 Aug 2012, 08:18

Thanks Sav......especially pointing out anxiety which I need to control Image
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8