New To Support Group

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New To Support Group

Postby Goalie33 » 27 Jul 2012, 11:25

Hi all,I just found this website and thought it might help. I first had symptoms several yrs ago but it was just blood and no real pain. About 6 months ago i started to have severe adominal pain and burning and itching in my rectum as well. I've had CT scans,Colon,and upper GI.Only thing they found was 3large hemmroids.I went to the surgeon and he found a Fissure and said that it is what has been causing all my problems.Right now he just has me taking stool sofeners and sitz baths hoping it will heal. So far nothing has changed and all my symptoms are the same.I go back to the surgeon next week and Im afraid he will recomend surgery.I've been so frustrated with this as all the Drs have different opinions. I also find it hard to believe a fissure could cause all my symptoms, Abdominal pain,back pain,"sticky" urine,fatigue.... It didn't used to bother me that bad ,but i can barley get through work most days and then I just want to get home and relax in a comfortable position(if I can find one).My family is very supportive but I feel like im becoming a burden and I can't do the chores im used to. Being a young man(34) i feel like this is ruining my life and just needed somewhere to vent where people understand its more than a "stomach ache' or a "little burning"...Anyway thats my story and Im hoping to find a happy ending soon.Thanks
Goalie33

Topics: 1

Re: New To Support Group

Postby Ever the Optimist » 27 Jul 2012, 14:16

Hi Goalie,
Sorry you're having to contend with all the physical and mental pain that a fissure brings and it seems very possible that it IS the cause of most of those pains - not too sure of the abdominal/ back pain connection though? Have you been diagnosed with IBS ever?? and have you always had the pain or has it developed with the fissure? I ask because when my fissure was really acute, I would adopt all sorts of strange positions either sitting/ eating dinner etc or on the loo to find the most comfortable position to poo! I actually started to ache, get pain in certain areas and get some abdominal pain too but this did pass after a couple of weeks....I think you need to go back and have another good chat with your CRS and demand some answers to your questions and if you're not happy, get another opinion elsewhere from another CRS...To me, it sounds like the whole stress is just wearing you out! Having to work with all the additional physical pain and stress, plus maybe having to make excuses to work mates, worrying about BM's whilst at work is all EXHAUSTING stuff...and then you have to work too! No wonder, you are so shattered....If your family is supportive, I'm certain they will be there for you 100% and don't beat yourself up for not doing those chores. You just need to take it as easy as poss, go back and get the opinion you need and go from there. Your CRS may well discuss surgery with you as an option but would probably recommend Diltizam cream or Rectogesic as a first option, both of which can be really helpful in helping the fissure heal or even Botox....
I'm certain you'll find your happy ending :) ..you just need to find your path and here's hoping you get things moving very soon with the help and treatment you need.
Good luck with it all :)
PS: Scour this site for all sorts of tips for pain relief and support. I'm 100% you'll get all of the answers you might want and the reassurance you need.
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Goalie33 » 30 Jul 2012, 07:24

Thank You for your response.Had a rough weekend ,didn't sleep much staurday night due to pain and burning.But Im feeling much better today.Im going to the surgeon this Friday to see if theres been any healing.Considering i had blood all this weekend,it doesn't look like its healing by its self.
On a side note I see your from the UK ,My wife and her family are from the UK,she has been in the States since she was 10yrs old. Hope you are enjoying the Olympics.
I will keep you posted on how things are going with me and what the surgeon recomends later this week.Thank you again for your kind words and support.Have a Good day!
Goalie33

Postby Ever the Optimist » 02 Aug 2012, 10:12

Hi Goalie,
How did your trip to your CRS go?? Are you healing well or did they advise any treatment to assist the healing??
Pls update!
Huge Olympics spirit going on here in the UK! Don't know if you got to see the Opening ceremony but it was pretty amazing (very "British" though!!)
I'm originally from Stratford-On-Avon (Shakespeare!) but living just down the road now. Where's your wife originally from?
Hope you are feeling better now :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Goalie33 » 07 Aug 2012, 08:28

Sorry for not updating sooner..But my Dr.s appt was switched to yesterday.As I feared he is recomending surgery.I guess at this point I'll try anything and from what i've found online there are alot more success stories than horror stories.So I hope mine is a good one.
My wife is originally from Manchester,but I know her mom and dad where from different areas.In fact my mother in law just got back from visiting family in the UK.I will get some more info on where thy are from(terrible i dnt remember,haha)..How about those Britts?Lots of medals over the last few days,Im sure things have been very exciting.I know there has been alot of cheering going on at my house.
I will check back as soon as my surgery gets scheduled.And I promise to update on my post op..Good or bad. Talk to you soon...Have a Nice day!!
Goalie33

Postby victor111 » 21 Aug 2012, 08:49

Hello, My name is Victor, and I am 32 years old male, 30 days ago i have a fistula surgery, the surgery left me tremendously weak. the first two weeks were the most painful experience in my life, no the pain is more bearable. After the surgery, my joints (elbows, knees, ankles) started to hurt to the point that it was very difficult to walk, also my mouth begun to fill its self with canker soars. I went back to the doctor he gave me an steroid medicine and that gave me my legst and joints back. now my problem is that I am having too many BM throughout the day, is just like the food stays in my system for one or two hours and it just wants to rush out. I am worry i need to control my BM... please some advice
victor111