G'day. New here. Looking for support

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

G'day. New here. Looking for support

Postby Ati » 13 Aug 2016, 01:46

Hello everyone.

I only found this forum today and have already read many posts. I had a baby girl 14 months ago and since having her I have developed a nasty haemorrhoid and fissures. The fissures have only been around for about 6 months but have been getting increasingly worse. One BM and I am in the worst pain for up to 24 hours. I used to have a BM everyday but now I try and go every 2 days as being in that much pain everyday would be horrible. I am on the waiting list to get my haemorrhoid removed and botox for the fissures. They said roughly 90 days wait and it has been 60 days so hopefully not too much longer. I am so scared to do a pooh most days as I know the pain that follows is going to be so horrible, and I am not a wuss. I gave birth without any pain relief at all besides a shower. I have the suppositories for the haemorrhoid and rectogesic for the fissures. I try to not use the suppositories at all. I think I have used 2 in the last month. I hope my surgery is soon as I can't take this pain much longer. I can hardly look after my daughter and enjoy life. It is really adding to my post natal depression and I feel like I am letting everyone down. Not really asking for anything. Just looking for support from people that can understand my pain.
Ati
Ati

Topics: 1

Re: G'day. New here. Looking for support

Postby Mypoorbutt » 13 Aug 2016, 04:07

Hi Ati,
You have my total sympathy, how anyone can cope with a new baby and this amount of pain is beyond me. I have had my fissure a year now and it has been the worst year of my life. I too gad childbirth with no pain relief and have had kidney stone and dislocated knees...nothing can even compare to fissure pain...it's another level entirely at least the spasms are, once they subside and trust me the Botox does make them go you will feel better there is still pain but nothing like a spasm.
You are not letting anyone down the fact that you are looking after a baby while experiencing this kind of pain is a testament to your strength
Keep holding out for the Botox as it does help
Best wishes
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Re: G'day. New here. Looking for support

Postby umka » 13 Aug 2016, 14:01

Ati wrote:
... The fissures have only been around for about 6 months but have been getting increasingly worse. ... I am on the waiting list to get my haemorrhoid removed and botox for the fissures...
Ati

Hi Ati,
I have had my fissure for 4.5 months and two CRS told me that the only way to healing - is fissurectomy. But both of them do not do Botox. I am so upset.
Why did you choose Botox? Isn't it too late for it for 6 months fissure? What did your CRS told you? Do you also have to remove scar tissue (sentinel tags) to help the fissure to heal?
umka
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2