T minus 7 days to LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: T minus 7 days to LIS

Postby Deleted User 1755 » 21 Aug 2012, 17:37

I am home. We were there a long time because they fell behind schedule (11-5). Things went well. I had the typical shakes when recovering, but the pain was tolerable and right now is almost none. I am nervous for when the numbing wears off because I did get a taste of it for a minute as I was waking, before they doped me up.
I usually have blood pressure issues from anesthesia, but didn't seem to this time. I usually have nausea, but hardly have any this time. I definitely don't feel like eating though, have a headache and am tired, so I think I'll try to catch some Z's and post a more detailed report later.
I hope your procedure went well, strangeworld.
Deleted User 1755

Postby Strangeworldaf » 21 Aug 2012, 17:50

It went well.. Will post in detailed later... What pain medication are you planning on taking?
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Deleted User 1755 » 21 Aug 2012, 20:12

Glad to hear it went well for you, strangeworld. I am taking Loritab. They offered Percocet first but I am afraid of that because I took it years ago after gall bladder surgery and I liked it TOO much. Scared me, so I refuse to take it again.
He also told me to take colace stool softener 3x a day. I have a follow up in two weeks assuming everything goes okay in between.
Things are still numb for me and I am starting to get nervous for when that wears off. When the nausea wore off I was starving, so I had a sandwich. I hope I don't regret that later.
I am pretty dizzy. I think that maybe the Loritab. I feel like there is a delay between my thoughts and when they finally process and make it to my mouth, lol! I'm a little spacey typing this, too. Please excuse any typos.
Deleted User 1755

Postby Strangeworldaf » 21 Aug 2012, 21:11

I am using something similar to loritab, I suggest you eat lots of fruits and veggies and coloace with lots of water.... I am online most of the time do hop in to share anything.
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Strangeworldaf » 22 Aug 2012, 11:00

Tight...how are you feeling?
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 1755 » 22 Aug 2012, 19:09

I have not felt so great today. The Lortab has made me pretty nauseated all day. I have had a lot of stomach cramping and back pain and everything I try to eat is giving me heartburn. It's funny because I expected to have a lot of pain at the surgical site, but I really have not had that much yet. Last night while things were still numb, I should have been enjoying my first full night of sleep in months, but I had insane back pain.
Sorry I have not been checking in today, I just feel extreme nausea that doesn't want to go away. If it doesn't get better tomorrow I am going to try managing the pain with something else besides the Lortab.
I hope you are feeling well and starting to heal.
Deleted User 1755

Postby Strangeworldaf » 22 Aug 2012, 20:21

Try Advil... I am also going to switch from my pain meds to Advil...these narcotic based pain killers comes with nausea...I hope you feel better soon.... I have little bit of pain but manageable .... My worry is more for urinary and bladder discomfort....
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 1755 » 23 Aug 2012, 09:27

I hope your bladder discomfort eases. I haven't experienced that, but everything is pretty swollen and uncomfortable.
My lips swelled up last night and I think I may be somewhat allergic to the Lortab. My lower lip is still fat today. I feel so attractive, lol!
I am switching to Advil today and hoping that helps. The nausea has eased up and I actually feel like eating. I had to force myself to eat anything yesterday and barely was able to choke down a thing.
I am pretty uncomfortable from the surgery, but the pain at the surgical site is not as bad as I expected it to be. Soaking in the tub helps a lot for that.
Deleted User 1755

Postby Strangeworldaf » 23 Aug 2012, 11:06

I am getting better too...already had two BM's this morning. Discomfort was because of the pain meds...have little bit of soreness and discomfort on the surgery site....I think I had my surgery on left...how about you?
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 1755 » 23 Aug 2012, 11:18

Yep. Definitely the left. It's pretty bruised on that side. My nausea is back again because I decided to eat a little bit. I have not had a BM yet, and I think I would feel better if I could. I think things are just extra slow because of the swelling. I'm trying to drink plenty of water but food doesn't seem to be my friend yet. I think a couple days from now I will probably feel much better.
Deleted User 1755