T minus 7 days to LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: T minus 7 days to LIS

Postby Strangeworldaf » 23 Aug 2012, 11:22

Try eating fiber rich diet and take stool softners...With water....and don't get nervous with your BM... Try relaxing as much as you can before you go for BM...don't strain...hop e you feel better soon.
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby fisure_35 » 23 Aug 2012, 19:56

You both are doing great, every thing will be fine very soon. This is my 22nd day, I am already drinking beer and eating very normal. My fissure seem tobe cured too, doesn't burn anymore.
fisure_35
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Deleted User 1755 » 24 Aug 2012, 11:14

I think my nausea has been a combination of the painkillers and the fact that things have not been moving. I have had lots of swelling and it's finally starting to go down a bit. All day yesterday I had a lot of stomach cramping. Today things have finally started to move on through.
Everything is soft, I guess I just had so much swelling and irritation that it was not allowing things to move through. I am still having nausea and cramping but I finally had my first BM (and second, and third!) so I think once I'm done with this I will start feeling much, much better. Hopefully!
Deleted User 1755

Postby Strangeworldaf » 24 Aug 2012, 11:36

Do you have any pain from the incision site? on a scale 1 to 10 what is your pain level, mine is about 1 or 2 while i am lying down but 3 or 4 when i stand for longer or sit.
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 1755 » 24 Aug 2012, 13:00

I have pain at the incision site. I also still have some fissure pain. I actually feel okay standing, but sitting is painful. I always have a hard time rating pain. I would say I range from 3-5. Except while I soak in the tub it's more like a 2 probably. I try to avoid sitting at all at this point.
The BMs this morning caused more pain and bleeding, but my tummy is a lot happier and I was able to eat a decent sized meal finally. Yay!
Deleted User 1755

Postby Strangeworldaf » 24 Aug 2012, 13:28

Are you taking any stool softners...was your BM hard? Bleeding could be because of your stools are not soft? But then we just had surgery so small amounts are normal I guess....I am taking Tylenol and will probably stop that tonight... I will just deal with pain...good fiber rch food lots of water, rest...hope you feel better very soon.
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Strangeworldaf » 24 Aug 2012, 19:37

How you feeling tight ?
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 1755 » 24 Aug 2012, 23:20

Nausea is lots better and my appetite is returning to normal. My biggest problem right now is drainage from the incision site which is HIGHLY irritating and has been constant for most of the day. It isn't a ton of drainage (clear pink is what we're talking about), but it causes a LOT of discomfort. So much that I am not sure I am going to get any sleep. I have no idea what to do about that.
I am still taking colace and will until everything is well healed.
How are you holding up?
Deleted User 1755

Postby Strangeworldaf » 25 Aug 2012, 19:03

how is healing coming along... did you drainage gotten any better? Do you have any pain?
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 1755 » 26 Aug 2012, 09:11

The pain is sloooowly improving, I think. The drainage is still there. It's probably the worst part right now. I went out shopping yesterday because I couldn't stand being cooped up anymore. I paid for it for several hours afterward with a lot more pain and pressure. I am really tired of feeling so not productive. I have projects I want to work on that can't be done without sitting upright and/or more physical exertion than I seem to be capable of right now, so I am feeling frustrated.
I will be glad when I feel like I can sit upright without much pain. I do feel like the swelling is improving so I am hopeful that I can jump back into my normal routine soon. It sure is humbling to not seem to handle anything more than taking care of one's own backside, which has been very high maintenance. I seem to have a diva for a behind.
Deleted User 1755