Just introducing

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Just introducing

Postby Buzzy » 01 Sep 2012, 16:15

Hi I'm new here and so glad I've found this site as I don't know anyone who has ever suffered with a fissure and it's hard for people who have never had one to understand how painful it is.
I have had mine for a few months now and I think it was a legacy of chemotherapy which I had for breast cancer. I was extremely constipated throughout my treatment and at some point created the tear. I've had various creams which work to varying degrees but it hasn't gone away completely. I saw my doctor yesterday and she offered to refer me to a CRS but I'm giving the cream one more try before I agree to surgery as I have had 7 ops in the last 2 years due to my cancer and my veins are a bit shot now!
Anyway, that's me. I'm off to read through all the helpful advice. I feel a long night coming on!
D x
Buzzy

Topics: 1

Re: Just introducing

Postby Guest » 09 Sep 2012, 15:19

Hi buzzy,
sorry to hear your having such a rough time you have really had it tough & now a horrible fissure. Go see a CRS it doesn't necessarily mean surgery but you will get the help you need to heal your fissure.
Take care Image