Appointment for TCM

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Appointment for TCM

Postby buttgirl » 07 Nov 2007, 11:38

So I made an appointment for acuptuncture and traditional chinese medicine. Hopefully the doc will be able to give me some of that miracle AF heal cream. (even though the hemmie turned fissure is mostly healed, I did have a bit of a set back and I can feel soreness in the area). hopefully he can also help with the hemmie thing. I'll let you know how it goes and what I'm prescribed if it is at all intelligible to me.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Re: Appointment for TCM

Postby Guest » 07 Nov 2007, 12:06

Hey, good luck with that! My TCM doctor gave me a powder, which was much less messy and keeps the area dry. Let me know how it goes!

Postby Guest » 07 Nov 2007, 12:38

Very cool-can't wait to hear how it goes!

Postby Guest » 07 Nov 2007, 16:58

Buttgirl good luck!!
Patty

Postby Fissulyna » 07 Nov 2007, 18:42

Good luck : ) !!! My TCP never heard of anal fissure so I am her "little hamster", or better said rabbit since that is my Chinese sine ANYWAY, just got back from her, asked her to work on relaxation meridians and it went great - I fell asleep !
Afterwards was another story though - I first discovered 2 needles that she forgot to take out so I did it myself - they were on the back of my neck. And than half dazed of nice nap I sat in a lobby trying to "wake up" so that I may drive home safely when I herd hysterical screams and than stampede down the hallway !!!! A woman was running with a speed of light screaming , " Oh GOD, they are here...they are here ..." !!!!! Dashed through the door and disappeared in the parking lot while my jaw was half opened and my adrenaline was trying to decide , " Should I squirt or not ????!!!". So , I very slowly made my exit and jumped into my car and sped home before she went postal - she was obviously "seeing things" if you know what i mean @: / !!!!
Oh, boy, can a person have one hour of rest ???? BUT, my sphincter relaxed and i went poo as soon as I hit my bathroom - let me tell you - if you are constipated make somebody scare a shit out of you !!!!!
BUTTGIRL - could you please ask your TCP what meridians and herbs he uses for AF!
THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE !!!!! Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby buttgirl » 08 Nov 2007, 10:38

Will do. Hopefulyl mine will have heard of the thing. He's been in business for 20 years locally, so I figure he should be pretty good.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Nov 2007, 14:57

Oh you are lucky ! I had to chose this one because she is very close to my home.
I can't drive for long distances , especially because I have to go to the bathroom 4-5 times a day ( grrrrrrrrr...).
Thank you friend Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby buttgirl » 08 Nov 2007, 18:53

So the appt went well. I got acupunture I'm not sure for what meridian-wise, but it was so relaxing i didn't care. I't amazing that those little pins dont' hurt and that the dr told me to eat only cooked, soft foods like steamed veggies, rice, fish, etc.. and to have cooked apples for breakfast. He also gave me "freeing constraint" pills and told me to up the probiotics, and take a vitamin C and a vitamin E supplement. We'll see how all this goes and if it helps with the inflammation. I'm supposed to go back in a wek and see how everything is working.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 08 Nov 2007, 19:20

OK -- there is the cooked veggies advice again!!! Image
All you raw salad munchers out there -- beware!!!
Kinda sad, too, because you lose so many nutrients in the cooking...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 08 Nov 2007, 20:07

Sounds like a good experience. I can't wait until you try all this out and see how it works.