Advancement flap surgery.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Advancement flap surgery.

Postby mec2012 » 27 Sep 2012, 17:45

Yes the flap goes internally. I have been sitting, it is uncomfortable but I have a inflatable cushioned donut to sit on when it gets to be too much. He recommended one sitz bath a day but if I had a bowel movement to have another sitz bath. I stopped taking the pain medication I do however take an occasional 2 tylenols to ease whatever discomfort I have. I am more calmer now then I have been in the past I had a friend tell me to think positive thoughts because the mind is a powerful thing. So I am trying to keep positive and believe that I will heal with the medication he gave me.
If you have any other questions for me feel free to ask. And I hope you are less depressed now that you have heard my experience with it.
Thanks for the positive thoughts. I hope everything with you goes well and you remain positive through it all
- Megan
mec2012
Fibre Addict

Postby suzyljank » 27 Sep 2012, 19:41

Megan, I do feel a little better but I don't know if I have the tolerance for pain that you do. 30 years ago I had hemmie surgery that started me on this roller coaster ride. 4 years ago I got a fissure and tried everything to heal it, finally had LIS, it never really helped that much and so here I am. Are you able to have normal sized bms now? I know part of the reason for flap surgery is to make the opening wider so you don't tear. I sure hope yours is a success. I've met another person on a difference site who had the surgery too and it was her last option. She's doing we'll, 5 years now. I've been talking with her too. We talk on the phone sometimes and after reading so many negative stories about the surgery I appreciate the help. You can drive yourself batty with worry about all this. Thanks for helping me. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby mec2012 » 28 Sep 2012, 07:21

Hey Suzy,
To answer your question yes I can have normal sized BMs but I think until it fully heals I take a lot of miralax to soften it. I'm happy that I did the surgery as now I'm feeling relief and I'm more relaxed. I know your anxious and have all these feelings of depression and doubt but try and stay positive.
-Megan
mec2012
Fibre Addict

Postby suzyljank » 28 Sep 2012, 07:49

Hi Megan, I'm trying to stay positive. I'm think I'm more worried about the spasming, not fissure type but once in a while I get a deep spasm all the way up the butt, it last for a short time but hurts like heck. Heat helps it. I happens out of the blue. Kind of like a charlie horse. I wouldn't want to have those on a regular basis. Keep me posted on your progress. I like reading about someone who actually got relief from the butt dragon. Thanks Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby missy moo » 13 Apr 2021, 06:00

Anyone have any updates all these years later? Im considering the advancement flap
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37