Newbie with a pain in my bum

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Newbie with a pain in my bum

Postby Anya324 » 02 Oct 2012, 19:36

Hello all and Thank you so much for this forum! I have been reading it for nearly a month now and it has given me lots of insight. Thank God I found it cuz it has encouraged me to stop messing with the fools in Brevard county and go to my CRS in Orlando (he did a DG-HAL for my Hemms in 2010 and have had NO hemms since-that was my 3rd and final hem surgery and it worked, THANK YOU JESUS!, because he's a gifted miracle worker and an ACTUAL CRS.) When he scoped me his reaction was unpleasant-never good when the doctor is shocked!?! Image He looked me straight in the eyes and said "you have to let me fix it" and I nearly cried. I am 31, have 21mo b/g twins (via a dear friend that acted as our surrogate) and have had 9 surgeries in 12 years between endometriosis, lower back problems, Hemorrhoids and a wonky Gallbladder Image . So glad I married a great guy with awesome health Insurance! Image I asked Dr about recovery time and he says 3 weeks~he wants to do a fissurectomy and I requested that he do an LIS as well to prevent future spasms~side note: what is this spasm thing ya'll talk about? what does it feel like? I have a terrible pain in my gut (right behind my bladder) before I poo sometimes...is that it? Seems to high up to be my internal sphincter...always assumed it was endo around my bowels...? Anyway, I scheduled surgery for the 29th of Oct so I could get a schedule worked out for the twins and be able to go to a dear friends wedding but today I was encouraged to do it sooner. So I rescheduled it for next thursday (11th) pending Dr approval/orders. I am also waiting to hear back from the office cuz I need some clarification on the difference between a fissurectomy and the V-Y advancement flap and why he's choosing the fissurectomy. If anyone can help w/ the first part of that I'd really appreciate it! Also, I just need some general encouragement...I know I have to do this otherwise I'm in for a lifetime of being afraid to poo and possible complications like abscesses and fistulas...But I have done anal surg before, without kids, and its the pits. Even with help, I don't know how I'm gonna survive?!? Thanks so much! Anya
Anya324
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: Newbie with a pain in my bum

Postby Anya324 » 03 Oct 2012, 09:57

Image WOW Image
Anya324
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Savaici » 03 Oct 2012, 10:53

Hi there Anya324, and welcome to the Forum Image . Answers are not always immediate, as most of us work, but will do my best for you now! Image
You asked about the spasms that most refer to on here. This is a sensation (sphincter muscle opening and closing, so to speak), which is intensely painful after a BM, and can go on for hours. Mine were nearly always in the 4 out of 10 range, and I found (and sometimes still do)it difficult to move around, but rather lay on the sofa on my side waiting for the pain to subside. Hope that clears up what the nasty spasms are with anal fissures. Image You can't miss them!
I have not had surgery for AF, so it is difficult for me to comment, but can only refer you to the others on here who have had LIS and gone on to live their lives, never to darken our doors again. Davo is one recent one, and if you look for his name under the Memberlist, then look and click on 'posts started by Davo' you will find his report. There are many others.
Where it comes to Advancement Flap I really do not know much about this, and possibly someone will come on and provide you with some information on this. All I have read gives me the impression that it is a little more complicated than a 'simple' LIS, and that not so many are done these days. But, don't hold me to that.
If you enter 'advancement' in the search facility, you will find posts from those who have had this surgery which might be of help to you.
Hope this is of some help. We are here for you. :D
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby owmybum » 03 Oct 2012, 12:00

Hi anya324
Sorry you have been suffering so long..... I know what that is like! The spasms feel like everything is tight down there and it makes everything hurt like hell. It is usually much worse after a bm and can last for hours.
I am sorry but I can't advise on any of the procedures as I have only had diltiazem and am undergoing pelvic floor treatment.
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Guest » 03 Oct 2012, 13:43

Hi Anya,
Sorry to hear you are suffering so long if I were you I wouldn't wait go for it get your life back. I haven't had surgery so can't help you there I went for Botox which is working so far. The spasm you were asking about is the sphincter muscle going mad after a BM & can go on for hrs mine usually lasted about 6 to 8 hrs & brought me to my knees everyday the pain was so bad. I hope you get fixed up soon so you can enjoy those beautiful babies you have.
Best of luck keep us posted Image