I think it is 2 or 3 months now without any pain

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I think it is 2 or 3 months now without any pain

Postby VVV » 13 Jul 2012, 04:17

Hi guys,
First of all, thank you for such a great forum and sorry for my English (it's my 3rd language). I would like to share my story and some tips (for somebody it may looks weird) how to fight with an anal tissue.
I'v been having anal tissue for about 20 years :( . It is not so bad but usually I had a catastrophe 3 times a month. You all here know about it. As soon as you have constipation, it tears your sphincter, it leads to spasm and voila- you will have a pain for the whole next week. Image
I tried:
diet;
potato cone;
different gels and ointment;
warm bath;
enema
Sometimes it helps but its always returned. I was thinking about surgery...
The best result was to try to keep a diet (you need to chose it based on your own experience), if "shit happens" - warm bath + enema+some oil or ointment to help you for bowel movement (I did it at night so anal tissue could heal during your sleep)
But as I said it returns again and again....
I thought that the main problem is a spasm of sphincter. Should be the solution to relax the sphincter :roll: (apart from a nitroglycerine ointment).
2 or 3 months ago I bought a vibrator "We Vibe" for me and my wife (it is for couples). I read that many guys (straight :) ) have pleasure from anal stimulation so I decided to try it myself :oops: . It' s pretty good BUT (fanfare!) it relaxed my sphincter!! So now, I think it is 2 or 3 months without any PAIN! Yes, I continue keeping my diet (sultana+cereals for breakfast works for me well) and if any suspicion for constipation I use enema + oil but now it is very seldom
So, this is my story. Hope it helps.
Last edited by VVV on 05 Oct 2012, 21:20, edited 1 time in total.
VVV
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: I think it is 2 or 3 months now without any pain

Postby Ever the Optimist » 13 Jul 2012, 13:46

Wow...
That's really interesting actually! I wonder how many people have tried the vibrator method healing?!!.... :D
Anything's worth a shot when dealing with sphincter spasms!!! Thanks for sharing that one. Would love to know if it helps anyone else!! :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby VVV » 05 Oct 2012, 03:30

he-he-he
20 years with severe pain, with fear to go to toilet....
if I knew it earlier... Image
"exercising" once a week to keep my sphincter in shape and it is October now... and still no pain!!! Image
oh, and I am doing weights every other day (if somebody worried about lifting heavy things).
Life is good!
VVV
Fibre Addict

Postby jr2 » 05 Oct 2012, 16:02

Congratulations on your healing! I've heard from others that anal massage and gentle dilation have helped them heal, but I don't think I've heard of using a vibrator before. Is that something you use on the outside, or something you insert? Was it painful when you had the fissure? Which vibrator by the company did you use? It's always great to hear new ideas and things that have been successful in healing fissures!
Wishing you continued fissure free health!
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby VVV » 05 Oct 2012, 21:19

I insert it inside. Started from I think 1-2cm diameter (WeVibe) and now I can use 3-3.5cm dildo (without vibration). It should be not painful!!!!!, use as small as you can (may be the little finger), plus a lot of lube. If you feel pain it means you tear your fissure. After some time you will be able to put inside thicker things. As you can see from my 1st post I eat sultanas and cereals on breakfast but now I am not scared to eat any food (even which can lead to some sort of constipation) because my sphincter is stretchy and no spasm. A bowel movement used to be once a day, and now it is 2 or sometimes 3 times a day. Always I try to use a shower or dry and then wet paper if shower is not available.
Several years ago I read about a device some doctors use to heal the fissure. It was something you have to insert into anus and gradually increase it's diameter. So sphincter becomes more stretchy. I'm not sure but the conclusion was that this method is not good enough....
It looks like for me it works )))
I know how bad is life with anal fissure and if my experience can help somebody I will be very happy.
VVV
Fibre Addict

Postby 3 years now » 10 Oct 2012, 08:33

wow - I cant imagine inserting anything up there with the fissure condition but it sounds like its worth a try.
3 years now
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby owmybum » 10 Oct 2012, 12:22

Sounds very interesting.... But I'm with 3 years.... Can't imagine putting anything up there!
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby cherylk » 10 Oct 2012, 13:03

If you lube a small applicator, it's really not any wider/bigger than a small BM. Personally, I can't see where putting anything else in the rectum would be helpful.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby jr2 » 10 Oct 2012, 16:02

Cheryl,
Actually, more and more CRS are starting to recommend home dilation with gradual increase in the diameter of the dilator, particularly for patients who arenot good candidates for surgery, such as myself. While I can still only manage 15 mm, which is too small to make much difference, the idea is to gradually and gently increase over time to release the tension in the sphincter. It actually is pretty standard to be prescribed dilators for fissures in some areas of Europe. I can say that even using a small dilator regularly has significantly reduced the spasming I experience, and have heard from at least 10 people just from message boards who have had success healing longstanding chronic fissures by self dilation at home. It takes a lot of patience and a lot of persverance, but it does appear to have some merit.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby cherylk » 10 Oct 2012, 16:46

OK Well, I didn't know any of that. Whatever works!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46