How long did you wait...

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

How long did you wait...

Postby porfirio2 » 26 Sep 2012, 14:51

After you & doctor decided surgery was appropriate, how long did you have to wait to be scheduled in? I though it was like an 1.5 hour out-patient surgery, so I was surprised to find out that I have to wait 2 months. That's puts me out, literally, for half a year.
Is this what one normally waits?
porfirio2
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: How long did you wait...

Postby Lauren12 » 26 Sep 2012, 16:28

I think it depends which country you're in, whether you're going privately or with the NHS (in the UK) and if with the NHS, which regional health authority you're with - also maybe how urgent it's considered. I assume you're talking about the LIS. I had it under general anaesthetic, which I think is usual in the UK. It was a day case however, and I went home the same day of the op.
Lauren12
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 30 Sep 2012, 18:58

I live in the U.S. and I had to wait about 2 weeks. But thats because my surgeon only operates 3 days a week.

Postby Bambi » 02 Oct 2012, 16:42

My first answer to your question was going to be "too long", but that really relates more to my decision about having the surgery. Once the Dr. and I decided surgery was the thing, I had to wait about 3 weeks I think. Once again, like SarahDJ I think my Dr. does not operate every day. And I am in the US as well. And hey there SarahDJ, I have many relatives in Charleston!
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Postby laouch » 06 Oct 2012, 15:58

My doctor got me in the next day. It is a pretty short out-patient surgery, though, you're right. It's dependent on schedule/urgency, I think.
laouch
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Sue27uk » 08 Oct 2012, 12:41

It depends on where you are! I waited 3 months for botox, and on the NHS would have waited a lot longer for my op. Had my op after 1 month but that was paying to go private! :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21