How long should I wait before I go with LIS?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

How long should I wait before I go with LIS?

Postby Lior55 » 24 Aug 2017, 19:00

I'm so happy I found this forum. No one around me seems to understand the nightmare that this can be.
so I'm dealing with fissure for the second time in my life. First time was about 5 years ago, it was a nightmare but once I gone to the CRS and she put me on Nifedipine and emla and fiber and stool softeners, it immediately started improving and after a few weeks I was completely healed.
This time around nothing helps. I have pain 24/7, it's especially excruciating after BM but it doesn't go away completely even hours after. I need to take lots of Advil and Valium to sleep a few hours at night.
I'm doing the Nif with Lidoc, I'm putting coconut oil, manuka honey, I even tried turmeric.
It's been a week. I'm so exhausted from all the pain and from trying to stuff all sorts of creams and oils up my butt :)
One one hand surgery seems to be a quick relief that I really really want, on the other hand it's only been a week and surgery is not really a guaranteed relief and it can be a slow and painful recovery.
What do you think?
One more question- I have 3 BMs a day which is killing me. They are mostly liquid/soft. I can't seemed to have only one good formed one in the morning. I believe this is contributing to the constant pain. Any advice on that would be appreciated.
Lior55
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: How long should I wait before I go with LIS?

Postby LMG » 24 Aug 2017, 21:19

Has your CRS suggested botox? I had a fissurectomy yesterday, skin tag removed and 100 units of botox. CRS said LIS was a last resort option.
LMG
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Lior55 » 24 Aug 2017, 21:41

LMG wrote:Has your CRS suggested botox? I had a fissurectomy yesterday, skin tag removed and 100 units of botox. CRS said LIS was a last resort option.

He has, but he was really pushing towards the surgery and said that the that the Botox doesn't have sane success rate and that it takes much longer to see results.
I didn't like him very much. It felt like I was talking to a salesman more than a doctor. He didn't make any connection and didn't seem like he cares about me. It felt very "business" like. I'll try to see another CRS soon.

Is yjur fissurectomy and tag removal was under general anastisia?
Lior55
Fibre Addict

Postby LMG » 24 Aug 2017, 21:50

Yes. I had a general. First surgery ever. I'm hoping that the botox will work. The small chance of permanent incontinence from the LIS worried me. I'm feeling very bruised today but haven't needed any pain relief. Botox is much less invasive than LIS and I felt that I had nothing to lose by trying it first. Maybe ask for a referral to another CRS?
LMG
Fibre Addict

Postby Lior55 » 25 Aug 2017, 09:20

LMG wrote:Yes. I had a general. First surgery ever. I'm hoping that the botox will work. The small chance of permanent incontinence from the LIS worried me. I'm feeling very bruised today but haven't needed any pain relief. Botox is much less invasive than LIS and I felt that I had nothing to lose by trying it first. Maybe ask for a referral to another CRS?

Yes, I have appt with a different CRS next week. I'm just dreading the pain till then. It's getting harder and harder to manage.

Good luck to you LMG, I hope everything was successful and you'll be fully healed in no time.
Lior55
Fibre Addict

Postby LMG » 25 Aug 2017, 09:39

Thanks. I think the botox is starting to work already. Good luck for your appointment.
LMG
Fibre Addict