Fissurectomy with LIS and Tag removal

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Fissurectomy with LIS and Tag removal

Postby suzyljank » 13 Oct 2012, 15:40

Hi, Hope you're not in pain and the visit with the doctor to get the onq pump removed went well. If you're taking pain meds they can be very constipating. I would increase the miralax. Taking just one dose is the regular amount and may not be enough. It shouldn't hurt you and you can adjust it back down once you get things moving. Try not to panic. I know it's hard to do. If you can take a warm bath maybe that would help. It sure would relax all your muscles. I've been following your posts because I'm going to need the advancement flap surgery and I'm trying to see how the pain is. I've read so many negative posts about surgery I'm grateful your posts are more positive. I know you didn't have the flap but sound like you had a lot done. Hope you recover soon and can start enjoying life without worrying about your bum. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby cherylk » 13 Oct 2012, 15:54

Anya,
I take Miralax twice a day. You might try that. Worrying and anxiety is not good for your bowels. I know!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Anya324 » 13 Oct 2012, 20:39

I went, Finally! Image I found that much like recent blogger, Ryanman0, I absolutely HAD to push. Not the toilet seat grasping, red-faced, Sweat inducing push that caused the hems and AF in the first place, but a gentle barring down, applying constant pressure to muscles that just don't seem to be engaging on their own. Out came a perfectly formed foot-long BM Image
For me, The post-surgical pain associated with pooing is different than the fissure pain. My anus is bruised and stitched in 2 places so there's some very minor stinging during and then an intense dull ache after. Not the searing "I think I just pooed glass" pain from the past. But still needing desperately to get my bum in the HOT sitz bath. Pain meds help a lot! Also very helpful was my mom calling 30 mins later offering to get me something from McD's!! One hot fudge sundae, please! It's a win-win cuz I got to indulge AND I am Lactose intolerant so it'll keep things moving too!! Haha- I'm a masochist!! Image
Anya324
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Anya324 » 13 Oct 2012, 20:43

Umm... Perhaps I've mentioned this before but my TMI filter has incredibly large holes Image Hope I haven't completely disgusted any of you!
Anya324
Salt Bather

Postby ryanman0 » 13 Oct 2012, 20:56

Anya324 wrote:I went, Finally! Image I found that much like recent blogger, Ryanman0, I absolutely HAD to push. Not the toilet seat grasping, red-faced, Sweat inducing push that caused the hems and AF in the first place, but a gentle barring down, applying constant pressure to muscles that just don't seem to be engaging on their own. Out came a perfectly formed foot-long BM Image
For me, The post-surgical pain associated with pooing is different than the fissure pain. My anus is bruised and stitched in 2 places so there's some very minor stinging during and then an intense dull ache after. Not the searing "I think I just pooed glass" pain from the past. But still needing desperately to get my bum in the HOT sitz bath. Pain meds help a lot! Also very helpful was my mom calling 30 mins later offering to get me something from McD's!! One hot fudge sundae, please! It's a win-win cuz I got to indulge AND I am Lactose intolerant so it'll keep things moving too!! Haha- I'm a masochist!! Image

So glad that you were able to go! I'm lactose intolerant also. Do you have any of those lactaid pills? I went to their website and printed some coupons for their products. I just take one of those fast-act pills before I eat dairy since I really don't want to risk excessive gas right now. Like you, I indulged in fast food a couple of times. Even though its probably not what I should have eaten, there is something about an enjoyable treat when you aren't feeling good. For me, the intensity and duration of the post-BM burning that you mentioned seems to be going down slowly with time.
ryanman0
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby ryanman0 » 13 Oct 2012, 20:57

Anya324 wrote:Umm... Perhaps I've mentioned this before but my TMI filter has incredibly large holes Image Hope I haven't completely disgusted any of you!

I think we all come here because its the only place that we can discuss these TMI details! Thanks for sharing your story.
ryanman0
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Anya324 » 13 Oct 2012, 21:18

The pills don't work for me, Ryan :( I drink the lactaid milk use reg creamer in my coffee 1x daily, ice cream rarely and yogurt NEVER.
My diet is pretty terrible. I'm just picking at most things. And devouring some. Depends on where I'm at with the pain meds-they really affect my appetite.
Anya324
Salt Bather

Postby Anya324 » 13 Oct 2012, 21:28

suzyljank wrote:Hi, Hope you're not in pain and the visit with the doctor to get the onq pump removed went well. If you're taking pain meds they can be very constipating. I would increase the miralax. Taking just one dose is the regular amount and may not be enough. It shouldn't hurt you and you can adjust it back down once you get things moving. Try not to panic. I know it's hard to do. If you can take a warm bath maybe that would help. It sure would relax all your muscles. I've been following your posts because I'm going to need the advancement flap surgery and I'm trying to see how the pain is. I've read so many negative posts about surgery I'm grateful your posts are more positive. I know you didn't have the flap but sound like you had a lot done. Hope you recover soon and can start enjoying life without worrying about your bum. Suzy

Thanks Suzy! I am increasing the Miralax tonight :)
My Dr didn't take the pump out~my hubby did :D It was the plan all along cuz the stitch holding it in place was easy for him to get to and the dr office is 90 mins away. I can honestly say that I do not think the pump helped my pain level at all BUT if I ever have to do it again I would still get it because there's always a possibility that it'll work. Also, CRS told me there is a numbing shot that some hospitals have the blocks the pain for 72 hours!!!! He said that the hospital doesn't have it... Don't know what that means but I told him I'd buy it on the black market~haha. Ask you CRS about this stuff if you can!
I agree that there are many negative surg reports here but i think it's cuz people that don't have any troubles never need a place to seek advice/help. I found this site on accident and decided I wanted to post my story from start to finish regardless of how good or bad the end result is. This forum is such a blessing and I feel it necessary for me to share my story and maybe help someone else out there like I have been helped here too. Did that make any sense?!? Image PM me if you have any questions and ill answer them as best as I can.
Anya324
Salt Bather

Postby Anya324 » 17 Oct 2012, 02:37

Im writing this in bits and pieces so its all going itno pne gigantic paragraph. If poor grammar offends you, read no further. Oh, and if hearing about others' BMs then read no further.
Aside from the trouble urinating (which is slowly improving...) I really must say this has been a walk in the park compared to my previous anal-rectal surgeries (all variations of the oh so unpleasent hemorrhoidectomy). Now that I've declared it here I am going to brace myself for at least one set back :roll: I am having BMs that are thinner than before due to my Miralax/Citrucel regimen. I am not finding I need the pain pills much at all if I stay off my feet/butt. Better said, laying flat-ish is most conducive. But for any outings or playing with the kids I medicate and go on my merry way. My most recent BM was poking out before I got to to toilet which was likely due do me not trying to stop it from happening-I didn't want to tense up and then have it stay in all night. It basically fell out if me, at least 12" and perhaps 3-4 pencils thick (thanks for the comparison tool Ryan!). It didn't hurt AT ALL as it came out but afterwards there was that same old burn that everyone speaks about on here. Different than AF pain but crazy uncomfortable nonetheless. It actually makes me make audible "I'm on pain" noises until I can get my bum in the Sitz. But after 20mins there and a good hose down, I feel just fine. I found today that the skin around my anus isn't as sore as it has been so I got brave a tried to dab the area after said BM and I think I woke the neighbors.... Image
I guess the shower hose will have to do for the near future unless someone else has an idea...I feel dirty down there even after the bath. It's in my head, I'm sure.
I have a massive glob of skin (at 12 o'clock) that covers the center of my anus that I will ask CRS about on Thursday but I'm sure he'll say it's just swelling and may become a small skin tag over time. I am going back to urgent care tomorrow to get results from urine to see if I did actually have a uti. I'll post on those things thurs or fri.
Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers-God heard them!!! Image
Anya324
Salt Bather

Postby ryanman0 » 17 Oct 2012, 10:44

Glad you are doing so well!
ryanman0
Proctosphincteranalogist