is this normal

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

is this normal

Postby :( » 17 Oct 2012, 03:22

Yesterday afternoon I had a bm that wasn't overly hard but that hurt coming out and when I looked (gross I know) the toilet pan was totally covered in blood and the water in the bottom was red, I know water makes blood look worse anyway but this was ALOT.
As far as I know I have a Fissure and some Hemmeroids (can' spell) but nothing too major...I've had 2 rounds of Botox and because this keeps happening the Consultant decided to do a Flexible Sigmoidoscopy to ensure nothing more sinister is going on (happening Saturday).
I guess what I'm wondering as the Consultant worded his letter to the GP which I was copied into was worded like this "I think she would benefit from having a Flexible Sigmoidoscopy because I find it very odd that after 2 rounds of Botox she still suffers with pain and bleeding"...is it that odd for Botox to fail twice, and for there to still be blood and pain.
I'm worried I'll go Saturday for the Flexible Sigmoidoscopy and they'll find something bad??
Also the blood yesterday was not what happens usually when I wipe theres blood, there was hardly any blood on wiping, just a spot or 2 it was all in the toilet, is that bad thing, or something silly like a re tear or Hemmoroid bursting?
:(

Topics: 2

Re: is this normal

Postby PompeyBlue » 17 Oct 2012, 04:17

Hi
All I can tell you is that when I had my first fissure 7 years ago I regularly had quite a lot of bleeding including into the toilet bowl. It healed and I had no problem until a few weeks ago. I have stopped bleeding now but had the sort of amounts you describe at first. I don't know what is 'normal' but I hope you find it reassuring that I had the same or similar and it cleared up.
PompeyBlue
Salt Bather

Postby Savaici » 17 Oct 2012, 10:16

We have nearly all had similar happenings. And I had the same 'would benefit from a sigmoidoscopy' letter, which I have now had. These darn fissures can go away, but still leave us with scar tissue and chronic pain.
I would just wait for the sigmoidoscopy. Mine was with fentanyl, and went quite easy. They did not see a fissure, said my bum is tight, and have hemmies; could have told them all that. Image
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby :( » 17 Oct 2012, 14:34

Thanks for the replies, its good to know I'm not alone, I'm sick of all this bum problems now...2 years is enough...wish it would sod off lol
:(

Postby fitchatak » 17 Oct 2012, 15:12

I wish these bum problems would just sod off too, beautifully put. x :roll:
fitchatak
Salt Bather

Topics: 7