Anyone return to work less then a week after LIS?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Anyone return to work less then a week after LIS?

Postby Buttbooboo » 18 Oct 2012, 08:30

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm trying to figure out how to schedule my surgery. I am a hairstylist and I have to actually move people off my book to have the surgery, so it's stressing me out not knowing how much time to take off. I don't have paid sick days, so I'd like to return as fast as possible. I've read all the other posts, but I was just wondering if anyone felt that they could return to work in less than a week after LIS, and if anyone did. I need to have a LIS and a small skin tag removed (no stitches).
Thank You.
Buttbooboo
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Anyone return to work less then a week after LIS?

Postby ryanman0 » 18 Oct 2012, 16:37

Well, I had a different procedure (LIS + 2 fissures cut out). So, if I only had LIS, perhaps it might be a lot easier. I had a lot of cuts down there, so you might recover much, much quicker. You might want to search for and read some LIS only stories on here to see how others fared. Nevertheless, here is my experience.
My CRS said some are back to work in 4-5 days. I would have had a difficult time returning before 10 days. Standing for a long time, sitting for a long time, riding in the car, managing the diet, dealing with BM (pain, supplies, burning, tub soaks, heat, etc.) However, if I had to do it after 1 week, I think I could. I only had 1 week sick time left; however, I am lucky in that my job lets me work from home. I have more details in my post-op diary post.
ryanman0
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby Katrina915 » 19 Oct 2012, 11:32

I had fissurectomy and LIS on Friday and returned to work following Thursday. Pretty bad for about 2 weeks but I have long drive to work and sit all day. You probably will be better off standing up. If you can afford it, you might want to take week off. If not, have pain pills on hand and heating pad. lay on side as much as possible during recovery and do sitz baths.
p.s. fissure healed by 10 day CSR appt but still have some problems with LIS site and I am 7 weeks out from surgery.
Katrina915
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby TonyStone » 27 Nov 2012, 06:15

I went back to work about a week after, I felt like I could have went back sooner, but my wife and mom were telling me not to, it is hard to guess though because everyone is different.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14