Coconut oil. Coconut oil. Coconut Oil.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Coconut oil. Coconut oil. Coconut Oil.

Postby PWaN » 27 Oct 2012, 07:51

Hello everyone,
I've posted few times in the near past, describing my anal fissure.
I was using nifedefine 0.2%, high fiber diet, lots of water, etc. It surely improved the issue but only to a certain point.
It felt as if I've reached a moderate amount of pain (no blood) that just won't go away.
After two months I've read in this forum about people that Cocunut oil (oragnic) has helped them. I chose to try it too and I must say, it works !
Within days you feel improvement, and not just 'sudden' improvement, when you apply the oil you feel that the wound recognizes it, sudden itches and other feelings leave no mistake that it does something to the wound, after few days you realize it is doing good to the wound.
I'm not sure if it will help everyone, I'm not sure if its only speeding up the healing or causing it but its a must try for everyone.
Its organic material I assume it can't harm if it doesn't help. I even applied it together while applying nifedefine (few hours separate) and nothing bad seems to come out of it. So you don't even have to stop your regular treatment.
After 7 days you'll feel really better, and another 7 you'll feel normal again.
I'm writing this because without this forum I wouldn't hear about Coconut Oil, but even with this forum it took me weeks to by mistake stumble upon an old topic speaking about it.
Please add Coconut Oil to the common advice to make sure anyone with a fissure sees it.
Thanks for this forum help !!!
And I hope this helps more people !!!
PWaN
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Coconut oil. Coconut oil. Coconut Oil.

Postby Neen » 27 Oct 2012, 08:26

I have been using coconut oil too and I love it!
Neen
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby owmybum » 28 Oct 2012, 14:43

Wish I could use it. I bought some, tried it, and I seemed to feel dry and even sorer, so just think I am too sensitive. The same thing happened with alovera too. Image
Glad you have found something to ease your pain
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby 357Magnum » 15 Nov 2012, 07:46

Coconut Oil is a very nice treatment, I apply it and and eat it, after all, it does help grease the tracks i have found. Topically I use it, but i mix it with a few other items.
I mix coconut oil with A&D ointment, aloe, and emu oil, I am also going to try some vitamin e oil in my next batch. I go to an aroma therapy shop and buy little jars to keep my mixture in. I have been making real progress over the past months
edit: i wanted to add that i do use it in a homemade suppository by itself if i fear and tougher BM, pop 2 up the chute and let it melt and mix and it tends to help
357Magnum
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Reptaronice » 15 Nov 2012, 08:50

I have used Aloe Vera also successfully. I get the liquid from GNC and mix some with Olive oil and shoot a little up before bed and before and after BMs. Really helps heal internally.
I have also used this salve: http://www.supersalve.com/salves1.html with sucess its all natural and has vitamin E and lots of essential oils
Reptaronice
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby SteveR » 17 Nov 2012, 00:13

I have to say I was dubious when I first heard this - but I actually made coconut oil suppositories which are a nightmare to insert but definitely cool the area and possibly help the healing process.
SteveR
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Postby cherylk » 17 Nov 2012, 06:35

Reptaronice wrote:I have used Aloe Vera also successfully. I get the liquid from GNC and mix some with Olive oil and shoot a little up before bed and before and after BMs. Really helps heal internally.
I have also used this salve: http://www.supersalve.com/salves1.html with sucess its all natural and has vitamin E and lots of essential oils

How do you "shoot a little up"? Just curious as it sounds as if it would be worth a try. Thanks in advance for clarifying for me and everyone else.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Reptaronice » 17 Nov 2012, 13:18

I use these 60mL Syringe w/catheter tip and gently push the pre mix in. Very inexpensive. It has really worked for me and been able to heal quite nicely. Only downside/ upside if you have gas do not push you will get oil on your pants. Image For the same reason though it also keeps the anus coated for a long period.
http://www.vitalitymedical.com/60ml-syringe-general-purpose-medipak.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=products&feed_special=google&gclid=COfco4_b1rMCFcyf4AodyyYAew
Reptaronice
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby CSBDan » 20 Nov 2012, 22:10

Coconut Oil had provided a great deal of relief and has helped in healing. I have an arsenal of things after researching the net that I use in order to heal re occurring fissures.
CSBDan
Fibre Addict

Postby sufferer » 21 Nov 2012, 08:46

Yes coconut oil does provided A LOT of relief. But I am curious if there is anyone on this forum who healed with coconut oil. I just put one suppository at bed time and it helps lubricate enough for a painless bm next morn.
sufferer
Salt Bather

Topics: 7