Itch post LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Itch post LIS

Postby sadies-day » 05 Nov 2012, 18:08

Well, despite my popcorn free diet, I still am having problems. Had a BM today that seemed perfectly soft enough but felt some bad irritation afterwards. Dabbed with some TP and loh and behold - more blood. It seems that my skin down there is extremely delicate and it doesn't take much to create a fissure. So now it's back to square one. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. The LIS was supposed to take care of me being a tight ass (which I think it has to some degree). Anybody else have this problem?
sadies-day
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Re: Itch post LIS

Postby sadies-day » 09 Nov 2012, 06:46

I've been doing a lot of reading on old posts. One thing I may have been doing wrong is drinking way too much coffee and not enough water. This may be the cause of the excessively sticky stools that require endless wiping. So I've decided to cut back to one or at most two cups of coffee a day and significantly increase my water intake. Hopefully it'll work. I still have some irritation but that's hopefully a result of the fresh wound earlier this week.
sadies-day
Salt Bather

Topics: 13