It works for me.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

It works for me.

Postby SteveR » 10 Nov 2012, 03:09

After reading quite a few threads here, and reading up on line, I have found a twist that seems to work for me.
I think that there is much information about regular baths and sitz baths helping. Well I really agree with this - it has made me heal and has help alleviate the symptoms.
However I also found an additional method - the hot water bottle.
I found it hard to plan to have a sitz bath at work - it just didnt feel right. However I did find that I could take a very small hot water bottle, fill it and sit on it twice during the day. It is really discrete and not obvious that you are doing it. When people did ask why I was filling a hot water bottle, I said I had pulled a muscle.
Additionally I have found that if I sit on a hot water bottle after a BM it dramatically eases the after effect pains - totally for me. Also I found that if I sat on a hot water bottle about 10 mins BEFORE a BM my muscle was much more relaxed and I could go much easier.
I would be interested if anyone else has done this - and if anyone knows of any reasons why I should not be doing this! Cheers!
SteveR
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Re: It works for me.

Postby jillywilly » 10 Nov 2012, 04:00

Hi there I'm totally with you on the hot water bottle thing!! Mine has been a total saviour at work over the past few months as like you say it's not always easy to have sitz baths, I try to bath at home after bm but as my pain & spasm would continue for several hours I would take my hot water bottle to work & sit on it. The relief is brings is quite amazing & like you say it's very discreet. I also sit on a hot water bottle in the car as well as I very often found the drive to work quite uncomfortable. Having had lis surgery yesterday I'm hopeful that I won't need my hot water bottle for much longer as I know it's very early days post op but I feel much more comfortable already (tho still waiting for first post op bm!!) I can honestly say that I don't know how I would have made it through the weeks leading up to my surgery with out my hot water bottle. It was absolutly the best advice I got from this website. Good luck to you with your healing. Jill
jillywilly
Salt Bather

Topics: 12