what works for me

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

what works for me

Postby rousso » 19 Nov 2012, 20:36

Hi, just wanted to let you know what helps me with Number 2's. I have tried various products to soften my stools but have finally found relief with my concoction. Just to let you know I had a fissure and unfortunately my surgeon at the time decided I needed to have my sphinctor muscle cut to heal the fissure. All the information I now have says this was totally unneccessary. As a result I have had problems every since i had this surgery 8 odd years ago, and regret being talked into doing this. The problem is the scar tissue from the surgery which causes me pain everytime I go to the toilet and have had terrible times with constipation and end up tearing myself open every few months and start bleeding again.
Anyway what I do now is blend up 2 kiwifruit, 1 banana, some frozen berries and orange juice. I have this everyday and apart from keeping me regular it keeps my stools soft enough so it is not too painful. I do also have 2 fish oil tablets in the morning which I think helps keep everything lubricated.
:D
rousso

Topics: 2

Re: what works for me

Postby owmybum » 23 Nov 2012, 11:12

Thanks for the tip rousso x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !