anal fissure since birth of my baby!!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

anal fissure since birth of my baby!!

Postby yckcec » 25 Nov 2012, 06:39

Hi There,
I have been suffering terribly from anal fissure since the birth of my baby 8 months ago as a result of a difficult forceps delivery. I recently had the botox injections which unfortunately did not work. I saw my CRS on friday and the next step is a procedure whereby she will remove a skin tag and stitch the fissure. I am wondering if there is anyone out there who has had a similar procedure. The main problem with this procedure is the risk of infection afterwards from stitches bursting. All I have read about is botox procedures and LIS procedures but nothing like this so I would love to hear from anyone who has had this done.
yckcec

Topics: 2

Re: anal fissure since birth of my baby!!

Postby Barneymcgruber » 14 Jan 2013, 16:58

Hi just wondered if you've had the surgery yet? I also had anal fissure from birth of baby and after 8 months of trying everything last week I had this surgery. CRS removed fissure and stitched over it with my skin "anal advancement flap" so far so good. I've had 2 BM's since surgery and apart from a little soreness afterwards everything is fine. I don't have pain anywhere close to how I used to have. I'm taking a softener everyday which is helping a lot.
Barneymcgruber
Fibre Addict

Postby Ckett1 » 29 Jan 2013, 10:25

Hi, Can either of you update on how you are doing?
I've had a fissure since the birth of my baby 7 months ago. Forceps delivery...
My Dr is suggesting surgery. I'm freaking that it may go wrong and i'll struggle to take care of my baby...
If you could update me and let me know how you got on, I would sooooo appreciate it.
Ckett1

Postby Barneymcgruber » 29 Jan 2013, 14:03

Hi Ckett,
Well it's been 3weeks now and it's all fine, no pain at all, now and again I get a pressure pain after a BM but that's it, I would definitely recommend the aaf surgery that I had i don't know about other surgery. I feel like I have a whole new lease of life, I can't believe how much pain I was in, now I'm not in any!
Barneymcgruber
Fibre Addict

Postby Barneymcgruber » 29 Jan 2013, 14:03

Just hope it lasts....
Barneymcgruber
Fibre Addict