LIS 1yr 3months ago followup

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS 1yr 3months ago followup

Postby TonyStone » 27 Nov 2012, 06:04

Hello,
First of all, if there are any people around from when I was having my AF pain, let me say I am sorry I dropped off the message board, after the surgery I could not take reading about
the pain people were suffering, that being said I had LIS 1yr and 3 months ago.
Where I am today?
1st-Pain Free - In my case the moment I left the hospital I have not had any pain beyond an
occational "twitch" here or there, NOTHING like the crying in my tub/bed praying for the
sweet release of death I had before. I know not everyone has recoverys like this, but I kept thinking, today will be the day I bleed a lot and hurt, it never happened. (blood here and there, but after the CSI level of bleeding I had before it, it was nothing)
NOT KIDDING, in my case, even the ride home after having the surgery was better than the
ride to the hospital. (if nothing else, being put under was worth it not to be twiching around the room like an idiot because my ass is on fire)
2nd-I want to punch my self in the face for not having it 5 years before, but I was so worried about "leakage" I didnt. I was in so much pain before the surgery that wearing a diaper would have been nothing.
3rd-got my life back, able to start biking again, down 92 lbs. ( not that it is related to the
AF, but I like to brag) The biking was something I was afraid I might not get to do again.
4th-Even with the discomfort some have after the surgery, its worth it to not be
shi*ing glass anymore
5th-find a good Dr, mine was awesome evidently.
If anyone has any questions, feel free to email me at [email protected]
Thanks, Tony
:D
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Re: LIS 1yr 3months ago followup

Postby owmybum » 27 Nov 2012, 11:58

Thanks for that Tony.... I think it really helps to lift morale when there is a positive success story posted.
Glad you got your life back and can ride again!
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Re: LIS 1yr 3months ago followup

Postby shouldi » 28 Nov 2012, 02:56

Good news to hear success.
I had botox yesterday so early days....in more pain now than before but hopefully it will all calm down and work for me...
i like you cant wait to get back on my bike only been able to use it for 2 short journeys this year !!
shouldi
Salt Bather

Topics: 11