Botox Day 1 recovery

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Botox Day 1 recovery

Postby shouldi » 28 Nov 2012, 02:46

Well it went ahead yesterday :(
The surgeon came and saw me first and i mentioned the problem with my skintag i have had recenty, he said he would look at it but said did i want him to take it off !! i said No after reading on here about the recovery from it and further problems it can cause, he saw me in recovery and said the skin tag had a small tear in it thats why it was sore, he never took it off.. he injected me with 4 injections of botox... all done in 15 minutes.
recovery after was ok a bit sore like feeling you have been kicked up the bum !! overnight was sore so took ibobrufen and paracetamol, certainlymore pain that when i first had the AF, but will get better, still got some bleeding, and 3 of the injection sites are ok just sore but the one higher up on the left bum cheek is very sore, so that i cant sit down.. seems to be a bit of a rash and more bruising on it that the others and cheek a bit swollen, will keep an eye on it.. no BM yet as dont feel as though i need to as not eaten much, so rest today with heat pack and maybe a little walk outside i think that might help.
will keep you informed of progress..
feel i should change my name on here now as i am not anymore a shouldi. Image
shouldi
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: Botox Day 1 recovery

Postby Lauren12 » 28 Nov 2012, 10:48

All the best with the recovery. I think it takes a few days for the botox to kick in, if I remember, and relax the sphincter muscle. There are stronger forms of NSAID (ibuprofen) available on prescription, if you ever feel you need them in the short term. I took Diclofenac in conjunction with paracetemol when recovering from surgery, and at times when the fissure was more painful. However NSAID's can cause stomach problems and after taking them over a long period they started to make me queasy so I had to stop taking them. The advantage of course is that unlike some stronger painkillers, NSAID's aren't constipating (just putting the pros with the cons). You're braver than me, having looked at your bot! I didn't dare look! Take care, and hope the pain subsides soon.
Lauren12
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby shouldi » 28 Nov 2012, 11:44

Thanks,
Sadly to say i had to visit my Gp surgey at 11am today as i was in so much pain with 1 of the injection sites, i called the hospital where i had it done and the surgeon was not working there today, lucky for me i live a 2 minute walk away from my GP surgery, and they know me as i work at a NHS surgery nearby, the doc looked and said ah ? infection or just very traumatised, no chances he said take some antibiotics and ice it regularly, for an anti-inflammatory also taking naproxen instead of ibobrufen as its a bit stronger , i have had no BM as yet !! i am not avoiding it just not eaten much, sticking to home made soups and fruit, and lots of water, just manged for the first time to actually sit so thats good.. also had a 1 mile walk outside very slowly, i am a great believer that it helps to walk if you can.
think i might get in a tomorrow as a shower is not the same, also been doing sitz baths in between..
lets see what day 2 brings...
cant do any more to try to heal myself
shouldi
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Lauren12 » 28 Nov 2012, 12:07

I'm sorry to hear you're having such trouble, and I hope the antibiotics, ice and anti-inflammatories work fast to make it subside. That's great that you were able to access a GP so quickly and well done having walked a mile - that shows determination. It is good that you can now sit. Sometimes people don't get a bowel movement on the day following surgical procedures, as I'm sure you know. I think the GA brings the digestive tract to a standstill whilst you're unconscious and any pain relief you may have had in hospital which was opiate-based would also slow things down. There always seems to be a disruption to bowel habit in my experience, even when I've tried to keep my diet on the day of the procedure exactly the same (by taking my own sandwich into hospital instead of eating a hospital sandwich!). It's at such times you wish you'd had a minor procedure to any other part of your anatomy! Still, it'll all come back ok soon. Also, I'm sure once the disruption from the fourth injection site subsides you'll be a lot more comfortable.
Lauren12
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby owmybum » 28 Nov 2012, 12:19

Sorry you're having so much trouble shouldi.... But WOW... Walking a mile the day after surgery. With a steely determination like yours you will be on the road to recovery real soon!
Just remember, with any ibuprofen you have to eat something to help protect your stomach.
I hope the antibiotics kick in quickly..... Keep us posted
OMB xx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !