LIS 17 days ago pain after bm's persisting, advice please

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS 17 days ago pain after bm's persisting, advice please

Postby jillywilly » 27 Nov 2012, 05:42

I've posted a couple of times since my LIS on 9th nov I was pleasantly surprised that the immediate post op period wasn't as painful as I had feared but here I am 17 days later still getting pain after bm's. it's not painful to actually pass the stool, I'm keeping it soft but I'm getting pain afterwards similar to although no where nearly as a bad as the spasm I suffered from before the op. I'm not due to see my crs for another few weeks for my first post op check. In between bm's I feel fine & have no pain at all which is great but I do feel abit fed up that I'm still left in pain for several hours after each bm. My employer has been fantastic about me being off sick but I'm due to go back next week, as I work in the NHS everyone knows what I've had done & why so I don't have any problems with that but I'd really hoped to be completely pain free by the time I went back to work.
Any one got any advice?
jillywilly
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: LIS 17 days ago pain after bm's persisting, advice please

Postby TonyStone » 27 Nov 2012, 06:06

I think its normal from talking to people, it might be 3rd week seems to be when a lot of pain subsides, but it will take a few months for things to feel "normal" again, one day you wont even be thinking about it and realize your ass hasnt hurt in a few weeks... its freaking amazing.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Re: LIS 17 days ago pain after bm's persisting, advice please

Postby Sorew5 » 02 Dec 2012, 05:39

I am 16 days post op and have pain still after bm. I have to eat a lot of bran flakes to make the bm not painful but it always seems a bit painful after for a few hours. I have to time my bm's so that they are just in the morn where possible so pain is subsided by mid morning. I am going back to work for first day tomorrow but still def not feeling like I can sit for much longer than two hours so not sure how long I will last tomorrow!
I am still taking lactulose every day to help with bm's. Also still on painkillers!
Sorew5
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2