So over this

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

So over this

Postby STF » 30 Nov 2012, 18:46

Just found the site. Lord willing I can find something I haven't seen or tried. I have been with my af's for probably 5 years. My daily routine is wake up hoping my bm will not come for several hours so that I can at least get a terribly large dose of ibuprofen. Dreading the building pressure and eventual required release. Once the time for the bm comes that's when the fear and trepidation comes and the desperate stroll to the torture chamber. Then there is the great pain of the af and the struggle to complete the bm. Once that is over there is the hour or so of complete comfort and no pain. Then the leakage and pain whizzes in and the fear of eating comes. I have continued infection as indicated by the funky discharge.
I have had the minor surgery, temporary relief. Stool softeners worked occasionally. Fiber diet never relieved anything. When I switched to a healthy diet things got way worse.
Haven't found a dr. that seems to be able to understand or help. The only answer is shove a bunch of hydrocordizone up your bum and you "should " heal fine. Not quite. Image
STF

Topics: 1

Re: So over this

Postby owmybum » 01 Dec 2012, 03:09

Hi STF,
Be sure to know.... You are not alone.... Your post sounds like my life at the moment!!
Stool softeners are a must.... Which ones have you tried? There are lots out there and maybe you should try a couple until you find the one to suit you. I use lactulose, 30 ml a day.... Lots on here don't get on with that so use moviolas or even milk of magnesium.
You must remember to drink lots of water too to keep things soft and easy to pass.
Have you had any investigations to see why you are not healing?
You have been suffering for a long time.. Read up all you can on this site... You may just find something that can really ease your symptoms
All the best
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Re: So over this

Postby marg6043 » 03 Dec 2012, 10:46

I am there with you, before I figure out that what I have was a fissure, because hemorrhoids do not behave the same, I had the anxiety sleepness and mental anguish for weeks I think is nothing worst that an overactive mind to makes things worst on top of our already painful problem. I think that my worst days are over for now, I only have this problem for about 4 or 5 months and is torture, you are a true champion as is anybody that spend years dealing with this problem, I hope you find help soon, in my case I have a willing and experience doctor is me the one that is still taking my time to think about it.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8