Fissure Position

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fissure Position

Postby Cole27 » 05 Dec 2012, 19:32

Hello all! This question is merely out of curiosity. I have been battling this fissure for about 3 months now. I am feeling much better this week, though I am still having slight pain. Anyway, I understand that the majority of fissures occur at the 12 o' clock and 6 o' clock positions. Though I haven't seen a doctor, I am pretty sure mine is located at more of an 8 o clock postion. I have read on a few different web sites that this can be an indication of an underlying cause such as Crohn's disease or even cancer. I have a hard time accepting that I have an underlying cause as I am a 27 year old other wise healthy female with no other issues/symptoms other than this fissure! I'm just curious if there are any of you out there who also have a fissure located some where other than posteriorly or anteriorly?
Cole27
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Fissure Position

Postby cherylk » 05 Dec 2012, 20:13

Cole,
I think mine was about 8 o'clock position. If you had CD, you would most likely be having many other symptoms--diarhea, stomach cramps, low blood count, and losing weight. I wouldn't worry all that much about an 8 o'clock position!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Cole27 » 05 Dec 2012, 22:54

Thanks Cheryl! I have hypochondriac tendencies and the Internet can be my worst enemy! I really hope to be rid of this soon!
Cole27
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby marg6043 » 08 Dec 2012, 11:53

Interesting that mine also seems to be at an 8 o'clock position, I already had a colonoscopy that rule out any cancer, and my doctor doesn't seem worry of what I find odd side after reading so much of the 6 and 12 o'clock position.
But after futher review of the site with a mirror I can see the fissure clearly at the internal end of the large sking tag I got but while is in the left side I feel the pain in right, but can not see anything, that is the area where the skin tag starts on the ouside, that got me worry that I may have two fissures and not one.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8