Number of Fissures & Skin Tags

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Number of Fissures & Skin Tags

Postby Guest » 09 Jan 2007, 20:18

can u have more than one fissure? do many of u suffer with skin tags as well?

Re: Number of Fissures & Skin Tags

Postby Cheryl » 09 Jan 2007, 22:34

I had two fissures, but more skin tags, they said there were a couple of tags to each one.. but im sure everyone is different.
My skin tags were removed with the LIS op.
Admin**Just edited your title so people can find it easier
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Guest » 12 Jan 2007, 06:06

I had two chronic fissures but 3 skin tags removed - im under the assumption there can be more than one bit of skin per fissure???
I can still feel one bumply bit - i think that might be a bit of a tag. Not sure Image
Annie

Postby small_flower » 16 Jan 2007, 22:41

i have only one fissure (that i know of....thank god) and only one skin tag. I cant wait to get it removed. It gets hit repeatedly when I have to clean up after using the bathroom, and the more active the fissure, the more outside of me the tag is, and boy, it sucks. At first I thought it was a hemorrhoid that was prolapsing. Boy was I wrong.
Cant wait to get rid of it!
kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby Guest » 26 Jan 2007, 16:09

I know how you feel. This skin tag I have is so annoying and painful. I have to wear really loose fitting clothes so nothing rubs on it. I wonder why a skin tag forms anyway.
I thought it was a hemorrhoid too that had thrombosed. Does that every go away on its own or does it need to be removed?
Thanks,
Lecia

Postby small_flower » 26 Jan 2007, 17:14

As far as I know, they have to be removed in order for them to completely go away. Without removal, I think the best you can do is have it go back inside your body, when you are taking really good care of your fissure, or are able to manage it. Mine does that, but when my fissure is aggravated, it will rear (no pun intended) its ugly head again. I cant wait to get rid of it. Embarassing.:roll:
xo
flower
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby Guest » 26 Jan 2007, 19:20

Hi,
When do you get to get rid of it? Is your fissure close to being healed?
Mine doesn't retreat at all! I feel bad that you are so young (at least to me) and having to deal with this! Do you know what brought it on? I didn't start having issues until I had kids in my 30s.
Hope everything goes okay with you,
Lecia

Postby Cheryl » 27 Jan 2007, 16:17

small_flower wrote:As far as I know, they have to be removed in order for them to completely go away. Without removal, I think the best you can do is have it go back inside your body, when you are taking really good care of your fissure, or are able to manage it. Mine does that, but when my fissure is aggravated, it will rear (no pun intended) its ugly head again. I cant wait to get rid of it. Embarassing.:roll:
xo
flower

I can relate to you there, when i had my fissure, when it was bad, the skin tags would be hanging out.. when it wasnt bad at all they seemed to retreat up in the butt again Image
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 16 Feb 2007, 21:39

i think skin tags can be embarrassing. especially when it comes to me and my bloke.i mean weve been together years but i still wry about them (as i have more than one skin tag) and like u guys they seem to sumtimes be huge and other times still be there but not be as big.i was told skin tags are non cancerous tumours which i found odd, apparently they 'protect' the fissure from injury.
xx

Postby Cheryl » 16 Feb 2007, 23:06

marmite wrote:i think skin tags can be embarrassing. especially when it comes to me and my bloke.i mean weve been together years but i still wry about them (as i have more than one skin tag) and like u guys they seem to sumtimes be huge and other times still be there but not be as big.i was told skin tags are non cancerous tumours which i found odd, apparently they 'protect' the fissure from injury.
xx

Wow thats odd.. i thought they were just the excess skin from the tear... Image well you learn something new every day...
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist