3 days post lis and skin tag removal

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 3 days post lis and skin tag removal

Postby Sorew5 » 03 Dec 2012, 14:47

Hi Marg
Usually skin tag removal is optional. I just asked my surgeon to remove it during the LIS and he did. I just found out he sent it off for pathology so another unexpected invoice to pay (not super happy about that!).
So yes I'm not a great patient and I have been able to enjoy life to some extent during recovery. First week though I did nothing and just stayed at home not even going out for groceries. Second week had I not been on holiday I am not sure I would have done much but bm's are what cause me problems this week. I have to time my day around them so I am home to bathe afterwards! Also still being on painkillers is not ideal!
Sorew5
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Lauren12 » 03 Dec 2012, 16:20

It's easy to feel the pressure to go back to work isn't it, but if you need more time, you need more time. You're right that your health comes first! Because these are considered minor procedures that we've had, people seem to expect that we'll bounce back to work at the earliest opportunity, but it's an area with a very high concentration of nerve endings, which is why it can be so painful for people - and it can take a bit of time to be fully fit for work again.
Lauren12
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby marg6043 » 03 Dec 2012, 18:35

Sorew5 wrote:Hi Marg
Usually skin tag removal is optional. I just asked my surgeon to remove it during the LIS and he did. I just found out he sent it off for pathology so another unexpected invoice to pay (not super happy about that!).

Thanks for the tip I will be asking my doctor about that also, as the skin tag is definitely very large to the point that it just hang in there and folds itself when I sit causing lots of discomfort.
I am sorry you have to pay extra for that, I will be taking about my options with the doctor that is for sure.
And don't feel bad I am very active and had already 3 surgeries on me and always been one of those that can not be still as been in bed makes me anxious I have to move around regardless sometimes no the best thing to do.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby cherylk » 03 Dec 2012, 18:41

Marg,
Happy that you have joined our little group.

cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Sorew5 » 04 Dec 2012, 05:36

Marg -def get it removed if it is causing you problems when you sit. I think it cost about $150 extra here in Aus. I wonder if you can get it on the nhs if you can prove it is causing you discomfort?
Lauren - completely agree. I felt like going home today but stuck it out until 5pm. Might consider working from home on Thursday and maybe also Monday as I have my follow up with the CRS anyway. Sitting all day is awkward. Also people notice and ask me what op I have had. I think my whole team know which is not what I wanted!
Btw my name is Sophie so hello to you all :-)
Sorew5
Fibre Addict

Postby Lauren12 » 04 Dec 2012, 16:08

Awwwwww hello Sophie *waves* :)
Lauren12
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby marg6043 » 04 Dec 2012, 17:27

Marg -def get it removed if it is causing you problems when you sit. I think it cost about $150 extra here in Aus. I wonder if you can get it on the nhs if you can prove it is causing you discomfort?

I hope here in the US will be included on the insurance, as my husband is a retired marine and we are under government insurance and so far I have not problems with treatments, but I will have not problem paying the extra money to get removed.
I thinks is a sentinel pile as it gets swollen when I get hemroid flares.
Keep the good work and get better Sorew5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
marg6043
King Fissure

24 days post op

Postby Sorew5 » 10 Dec 2012, 02:09

Wow how things can change in a matter of hours! If i had written a post this morning it would have been a lot happier than now!
So since my last post i have been doing just fine. Barely even noticed it and stopped nurofen on day 21 (day 19 and 20 only took two). I even managed to go to my work xmas party on fri night and have a good time!
Over the wknd i had small bm's so thought i should eat more fibre.. Man was that a bad idea!!! Typically i had my crs follow up today and at the time i was happy and he thought everything was going smoothly and said unlikely i would need to see him again. Within an hour i was on the toilet, had a painful bm, then a bath to soothe it.. It got better a few hours later and then just now i needed another bm and it was really painful so now i am typing this from the bath. It was lucky i worked from home today as i would not have coped at the office!
I am really annoyed with the set back. Everytime i think i'm getting somewhere i have a painful bm and it starts again! I feel like maybe i should just stop eating!!! But i don't see that happening as i need my food!
Anyway i am trying to stay positive and i hope by xmas it will be heaps better. Took 2 x nurofen today and will take another dose after dinner.
If its bad when i wake up i will work from home again.
At this stage would i still go through the surgery? Yeah i would. The post op pain is pretty bad but if it gets rid of it forever after about 2-3 months of suffering post op pain i think it will be worth it.
I think i was healing more on holiday due to salt water and relaxing etc.
I look forward to the days of pain free bm's!!!! Currently wondering if they will ever come! Lol :-)
Sorew5
Fibre Addict

Postby owmybum » 10 Dec 2012, 03:41

Sorry you have had a set back sorew5.... I hope it's just a blip for you and you can get back on the right track.
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby marg6043 » 10 Dec 2012, 06:20

Sorew you are still recuperating, just count the good days and not the bad as those will get less and less.
I also made a mistake of taking a littler bit of more fiber last week and that cause me to have a bulkier stool that reopen my fissure, that I thought was healing nicely for two week of almost normal living Still I have to remember and you also that if something is working why fix it, so if your diet is working fine, don't change it, I told myself no more fiber if things are nice enough.
Hopefully, you will be fine and things will settle down and remember also that many people in this boards that have the procedure say that it takes months for the healing and normalcy to come back.
Hang in there you are on your road to recovery.
marg6043
King Fissure