Bloody red water in bowel...two big questions!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Bloody red water in bowel...two big questions!

Postby ajl1239 » 09 Dec 2012, 10:25

Hi, two questions :)
1.) Is it normal for this condition to cause not only bright red blood on paper, but also in the toilet bowl? That happened to me this morning for the first time.
2.) I was really, really stupid and had a piece of cake, four beers one night, and this chicken gyro thing -- I was visiting family and was too stupid to maintain my diet. Would it make sense that it would take two days for me to pay the price for those things? (I ate them two days ago, not yesterday.)
Thanks!!
ajl1239
Salt Bather

Topics: 31

Re: Bloody red water in bowel...two big questions!

Postby marg6043 » 09 Dec 2012, 13:06

I am no doctor but, if you are not in pain or have this before, then you pretty much can say that is normal, but if you never had this amount of blood in the toilet bowl, then I would be worry.
I used to get bright red bowl water from hemorrhoid flare up (I have one internal) and bright red toilet paper spots, but with the fissure flare up is just red on the stools and pinkish when mixed with the water, and just a small red like a dot on the paper, but as I wipe a second time or have another bowel movement it doesn't bleed anymore, some people tell that the fissure will make them bleed a lot. but no so with me.
I hope is just that unfortunately your fissure just opened again, but if you keep bleeding I suggest you see doctor.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby ryrylou » 09 Dec 2012, 17:43

I agree with Marg. Both fissure and hemorrhoids can cause bright red spots in the bowl as well as on the toilet paper. One of the fissures tells is streaks on the actual stool. My own medical experience says that the main thing to watch for is the color of the blood. If it is bright red then the source is generally by the anus. However, if it is of a darker color it is coming from higher in the colon, and that is a reason to be seen by a physician asap.
ryrylou
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby ajl1239 » 09 Dec 2012, 18:33

Yes, I am just horribly depressed, because I was already on, about, week 3.5 of rectiv/rectogesic (nitro) and now this happens. I feel like I will never get better. Thanks for the help.
I am so angry at myself...I let this happen, but I was also trying to be flexible with my diet because my uncle had just passed away and wanted to not be stodgy at family events.
ajl1239
Salt Bather

Topics: 31

Postby ryrylou » 09 Dec 2012, 19:37

Just know that we have all been there. You feel like you are doing good, and relax the diet a little and wham. I think the key is make sure you are taking fiber supplements and pushing fluids and you can still relax the diet from time to time.
ryrylou
Salt Bather

Postby marg6043 » 09 Dec 2012, 21:06

I been on the nitro since August, I can say that for me is not a fast cure, it gets better but then again out of nowhere it reopens again, no as painful as used to be, this happen to me after two weeks of feeling almost normal, now I am just very much aware that this thing is for a long term but managing the pain and discomfort is the key, still is always surgery for it.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby ryrylou » 09 Dec 2012, 21:27

Yeah, I just had LIS 3 days ago. :D
ryrylou
Salt Bather

Postby hotpinkblack » 09 Dec 2012, 23:46

Yes it is normal, that happened to me..the water would be bloody. I think it is when the fissure opens up..don't worry too much. It is the pain that is the unbearable part! I have tried all the creams and pills the dr give, but in the end the only thing that worked was surgery.
hotpinkblack
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby marg6043 » 10 Dec 2012, 06:31

Yes ryrylou, you looking good and happy give me hopes that if I have to go the road of surgery I know that is people here like you that already have experienced and doing nice.
ajl1239, do not worry, I know that when we see blood in the water after a bm worry us a lot, but is normal with fissures and hemorroids, unless you are in excrutiating pain and bleeding constanly then a doctor advise is recomended, I read that many people with cronic hemorroids become anemic from the lost of blood so it can get that bad.
Just remember the key to keeping the fissure from reopening, soft stools and lost of lubrication before a bm, I use vitamin E\coconut oil supporsitories I use the nitro with them, I smear the cream on the suppository to made sure it gets inside and for me works better with the spams control, one in the morning and one before bed with the nitro cream.
marg6043
King Fissure