tomorrow is the big day

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: tomorrow is the big day

Postby ryrylou » 08 Dec 2012, 11:07

Well, I have survived the first BM! It hurt less than I was expecting. I was only feeling the pain from the surgery and not the usual glass shard pain from the fissure. I quickly went to the bathtub for a hot soak, which helped soothe the pain. The pain started to build afterwards, so I relented and took the first norco I have taken since the night of the surgery. I'm doing ok now. I am just really glad that first BM is done.
ryrylou
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby marg6043 » 08 Dec 2012, 11:28

Congratulations, Image you survive the dreaded first after surgery bm, it seems that that is the worst of all the post op experiences of all, I have read so far that most people are very nervous about the first bm after.
So you are now officially initiated. Image hopefully ever thing after that will be a breeze.
I am so happy for you.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby ryrylou » 08 Dec 2012, 23:11

Thanks for the support. The pain after the 1st BM didn't last long thankfully. Now, I'm just dealing with some minor bleeding. I'm trying to stay positive although being laid up on the couch for days kinda sucks. Thankfully my almost 3 year old son has been entertaining me. He knows I'm not feeling well and keeps giving me hugs.
ryrylou
Salt Bather

Postby marg6043 » 09 Dec 2012, 13:25

ryrylou, is nice to see that you are doing well and taking time to post here, for us, to follow up your progress, for what I have read in the forums and other post op before you, you seem to be doing good and in good spirits, the bleeding seems normal for, I am glad that you have a littler one to keep you entertained, he most be adorable, lucky you.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby ryrylou » 10 Dec 2012, 15:16

Well, I am now 4 days post LIS and doing well. Today I had my first mostly painless BM. Things are still a bit sore down there and I can tell it is still bruised and swollen, but it seems a little better every day. I was getting a little down from laying around for days, but today I got around the house quite a bit and did some cleaning to keep myself moving. I'm going to go back to work tomorrow. Yippee! Hopefully things to continue to improve.
ryrylou
Salt Bather

Postby Sorew5 » 11 Dec 2012, 04:21

Hey ryry. Good luck at work tomorrow! I'm impressed with your recovery :) I totally agree about laying around for days i couldn't wait to get back to work! Take it easy though and go home if you get any pain..
Sorew5
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2