Drainage 2 months post-op

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Drainage 2 months post-op

Postby Deleted User 1775 » 10 Dec 2012, 21:08

I had Lis surgery done about two months ago and have had drainage ever since. I went to the crs today and he said my fissure is healed but its the incision site that is not healing. The drainage is way less then after surgery but still have to wear gauze to help stop irritation and soreness. Also it still bleeds a bit sometimes after going to the bathroom. He told me the only way to see what's going on is to put me under and take a look. He didn't tell me what he would do. He did put some silver nitrate on it, which burned a lot. I don't want to go under again. Has anyone experienced this after their surgery and for how long? He said I could give it more time or take a look as soon as possible it was up to me. Should I wait? This is my first time posting with dealing with a fissure for 3 years.
Deleted User 1775

Re: Drainage 2 months post-op

Postby Bob J » 11 Dec 2012, 06:01

Hi jdchurch
I had an LIS and fissurectomy 4 months ago and only stopped using liners a month ago. In the first few months my GP and CRS both advised me to give it some time and that, plus this forum, put my mind at ease. Still have a bit of blood occasionally now but no drainage or pain. Hope this helps. Bob J
Bob J
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 1775 » 11 Dec 2012, 11:39

Thanks Bob J! This forum is so wonderful. I am going to give it some time and see how it goes. So yours just stopped one day and that was it? My Crs is good but does not take his with my questions. Do you still have any other problems now? Is your fissure healed? What do you do with your diet and stool softeners? Any information would help me so much. Thanks again for your post! God bless!
Deleted User 1775

Postby Bob J » 12 Dec 2012, 06:58

jdchurch I wish things did stop one day and that was it but it has been a very gradual process post op eg liners got cleaner and cleaner; pain, baths and meds got less and less frequent. I'm not fully healed as I still get blood sometimes but not much. My diet is pretty much normal except for breakfast which is just 3 fruits blended with water and bran. Only softener is 3 teaspoons of psyllium husk with water at night. The dilator has really helped my recovery - CRS said I had to use from week 1 post op - 2 sessions a day, 10 inserts a session. I actually do 12, 10 for the CRS and an extra 2 to show that fissure who's boss! Hope your recovery goes well.
Bob J
Fibre Addict

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?