Blood on toilet paper to blood in bowl? RECENT change...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Blood on toilet paper to blood in bowl? RECENT change...

Postby ajl1239 » 12 Dec 2012, 10:41

In the past week, I've had two instances where I've actually had bright red blood in the toilet water as compared to just on the paper. I've had this condition for almost two years, but this is the first time that I've now had blood in the water. Any ideas on what might have caused the change? Thanks so much!
ajl1239
Salt Bather

Topics: 31

Re: Blood on toilet paper to blood in bowl? RECENT change...

Postby Lauren12 » 12 Dec 2012, 10:55

I often used to get bright red blood in the toilet bowl a few years ago when I had internal haemorrhoids. When I had a haemorrhoidectomy however, it didn't happen any more.
It didn't happen with the anal fissure I had more recently - I hardly had any shows of blood with that at all. People vary however, and I think some people get lots of blood with a fissure.
Hope you get some more input from others.
Lauren12
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby ajl1239 » 12 Dec 2012, 11:04

Yes, Lauren, cheers for the help. I wonder if perhaps I have internal hemorrhoids, because in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4iBPRCvE-o), it says that anal fissure is often mistaken for internal hemorrhoids.
ajl1239
Salt Bather

Postby ajl1239 » 12 Dec 2012, 11:06

I say this because my BM was not painful -- no horrible pain, but prodigious blood in the water.
ajl1239
Salt Bather

Postby ajl1239 » 12 Dec 2012, 11:08

Nevermind, sorry, I misread the video -- it actually says that often anal fissure is mistaken to be internal hems.
ajl1239
Salt Bather

Postby ajl1239 » 12 Dec 2012, 11:10

But it is still weird that I am having this bleeding, but not having severe pain.
ajl1239
Salt Bather

Postby Lauren12 » 12 Dec 2012, 11:37

Bright red blood in the toilet bowl but no pain sounds like internal haemorrhoids to me. If it was fissure related, you'd think there'd be some pain. Internal haemorrhoids however, don't hurt.
I know it's alarming to suddenly discover all this blood in the water. I got used to it in the end, until the haemorrhoidectomy (14 years ago), when the internal haemorrhoids were treated.
It's not unusual to have other conditions of the anus along with a fissure. More recently I had a fissure, haemorrhoids and skin tags all at the same time. I had a procedure to band the haemorrhoids and remove the skin tags at the same time I had my first lot of botox for the fissure. Then later I had a LIS operation on its own, once I'd healed from the haemorrhoid banding and skin tag removal, to treat the fissure.
Why not refer to your CRS? Bleeding should always be checked out if not something the doctor's already aware of, but what you describe does sound typical of internal haemorrhoids.
Lauren12
Proctosphincteranalogist