Bloody mucus long-post BM

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Bloody mucus long-post BM

Postby ajl1239 » 12 Dec 2012, 16:32

Hi,
For the first time in a long time, I had bloody mucus in my underwear this afternoon. I've had this twice before -- once I used a suppository and it started right after I used the suppository. And another time it just seems to have started more naturally. Both times it's gone away after a couple days on its own. Nevertheless, it's embarrassing and enough to moisten jeans through boxers.
Any ideas on cause? I'm so distraught...
ajl1239
Salt Bather

Topics: 31

Re: Bloody mucus long-post BM

Postby Lauren12 » 14 Dec 2012, 20:20

Hi ajl
You posted a few days back, so hopefully you're feeling a bit better now. Why not get things checked out with your doctor? The bowel does produce mucus - I think it helps the stool pass along and as we discussed, you may have internal haemorrhoids, which would account for the blood.
However the best thing is to get it checked out. People on forums can only come up with ideas based on their own experience. Any new bleeding really should be checked by a doctor.
I didn't experience mucus with my fissure, but when I went to my appointments with the CRS, one of the questions he always asked me was if I'd had any mucus - so it may be significant in medical terms.
Let us know how you get on.
Lauren12
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby ajl1239 » 14 Dec 2012, 20:35

Yes, thanks -- I really do think that it is probably internal hems. I've paused on the ntiro and started using preparation h internally. I actually feel like I have never felt better. (Knock on wood.) In fact, because I have never had the excruciating pain others have described with fissure, I wonder if instead most of my bleeding issues have been internal hems all along. Probably a combination of the two...as most say.
ajl1239
Salt Bather

Postby cherylk » 14 Dec 2012, 20:39

Internal hems can bleed quite a bit. Happened to me and others.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby ajl1239 » 14 Dec 2012, 20:43

Yes, so I wonder if my fissure has healed more than I thought, but the internal hems are annoying me the most? Maybe that's my problem...not sure.
ajl1239
Salt Bather

Postby marg6043 » 15 Dec 2012, 14:53

ajl1239, I also have an internal hemorrhoid for years, yes they are different than having a fissure depending what stage your hemorrhoid is.
Mine is no too big, as per doctor's inspection and diagnostic, no even big enough to have it remove.
I have seen blood in the stool after a BM during a hemorrhoid flare and mucus also.
With a fissure is excruciating pain and just sporadic bleeding after a MB that goes away after cleaning the area.
Maybe you should have the doctor check you out to see how your fissure is doing and what stage is your hemorrhoids.
Sometimes its hard to tell where the bleeding is coming from but I in my case I can tell by the pain.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8