Mix Nitro and Prep H? OK?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Mix Nitro and Prep H? OK?

Postby ajl1239 » 12 Dec 2012, 12:05

Hi,
I have an anal fissure, but am also fairly convinced that I may have internal hemorrhoids. Has anyone here mixed - or think it's OK to do - nitro (rectiv) with preparation h used internally?
Many thanks,
Anthony
ajl1239
Salt Bather

Topics: 31

Re: Mix Nitro and Prep H? OK?

Postby marg6043 » 15 Dec 2012, 15:04

NO, NO, I did that and rylyou very nicely told me that is no a good Idea and he was right, I was getting better after 7 weeks of nitro even felt normal, but I wanted to keep the area lubricated just in case, so I started to use Preparation suppositories H in the morning with the nitro and at night,
What a mistake its contra productive as PreH job is to shrink the tissue (stop blood flow) and the job of the nitro is to increase the blood flow to heal the fissure, so they do not work together.
I order vitamin E/coconut oil suppositories and I started to smear the nitro on the suppository before inserting, in the morning and before bed, What a difference after my relapse with the fissure reopening I am now back to pain free BM even when I know that the fissure is still there.
So do not use Prep H with the nitro.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby ajl1239 » 15 Dec 2012, 16:30

Yes, that's what I thought.
I actually switched to the Prep H because I was having blood in the toilet bowl for the first time, but not having extreme pain during BMs.
Do you think that was a wise decision?
ajl1239
Salt Bather

Postby marg6043 » 15 Dec 2012, 16:38

Unless you know for a fact that you are having an hemorrhoid flare up I will suggest no to use the Prep H, I completely dished out the prep H.
I know that the few times that I found blood in my stool and toilet paper is when I get my fissure reopen and trust me you know when is open again, because it hurts.
But internal hemorrhoids while they bleed they usually do not hurt, unless they are thrombosis.
So be careful with the Prep H and your fissure, you don't want any progress you may have get a set back.
And if you are not sure about what is causing the blood you can always ask your doctor to check for hemorrhoids, but remember the probing can also upset the healing fissure.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby ajl1239 » 15 Dec 2012, 16:43

How would you describe the pain you felt when the fissure opened again? I'm worried I may just have a high tolerance of pain after a lot of painful jaw/dental work...
ajl1239
Salt Bather

Postby marg6043 » 15 Dec 2012, 17:01

To me feels like a open sore when it reopen and usually they burn after a MB, that is the key.
With my internal hemorrhoid I don't get that open sore feeling and neither the burn after a BM but more like a throbbing pain as the Hemorrhoid is swollen and sometimes feels like something is stuck up there.
marg6043
King Fissure