first time botox receiver

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

first time botox receiver

Postby trieditall » 13 Dec 2012, 20:20

Just wondering if anyone can give me information about how long it took to feel a difference/ improvement after receiving botox? I had the injections 3 days ago and my fissure is actually much worse. Doc says its from the thing they use to stretch/hold the area open during the injections (was under anesthesia thank god). It has this huge skin tag on it now which was never there and is much more painful and large. I feel like it has only gotten worse since I started seeing a doctor. Maybe I should have just dealt with it. I've had the fissure for 2 years and it was mostly unchanged. no better no worse. until I started seeing a doctor and seeking treatment... go figure. It would be a HUGE improvement if I could just get back to how it was pre-doctor. pretty bad, right? I just would like to hear people's responses to how long botox took to work (even a little). I know a lot of people on here didn't have success, but hopefully someone can shed some light on the subject. Thank you so much.
trieditall
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: first time botox receiver

Postby richibeno » 14 Dec 2012, 06:39

hi tried
i had botox ,mine took over a week to feel any difference ,are you using a stool softner i use movicol and eat well nothing to hard,drink loads of water ,no red meat ,cut back on the coffee
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby Stratocaster » 14 Dec 2012, 13:41

SAMMMEE boat. Have had for 2 years and I can keep it completely under control and pain free but it just doesn't go. I'm getting botox next Friday so lemme know how its going.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby trieditall » 14 Dec 2012, 15:03

Thanks for your reply richibeno. I take metamucil twice a day, two stool softeners twice a day, eat basically nothing but rice, beans, fruits, veggies, and drink more water than is probably healthy. I have lost weight unintentionally and unwanted.. really don't have the weight to lose. Anyway, it's been four days now I guess and I would be ok if it felt the same and no different yet... it feels different though... it is much, much, much worse. I don't know what to do. I can hardly function. I can't sit in my office. I can hardly drive the 25 min to work, and now it hurts to stand and walk. I feel like the worst thing I ever did was see a doctor. I had a colonoscopy and then the botox and both of these procedures ripped the fissure so much deeper and bigger (it's very close to the outside and I can see it). The pain is far worse. It would be a HUGE improvement if I could just get it back to how it was pre-doctor. I don't think the botox had anything to do with this.. I think it's the stretching involved for the injections. Just ripped right open. Hopefully it will kick in. Stratocaster... good luck. Hopefully you don't get worse like I have.
trieditall
Salt Bather

Postby Lauren12 » 14 Dec 2012, 20:10

I'm sorry to hear you're suffering trieditall. When I had the LIS, the stretching of the anus to perform the operation created two new fissures! One at the front and one at the back. Because I'd had the LIS though, these healed. As you've had Botox, it should inhibit muscle spasms and allow the muscle tone to reduce because it's not spasming as much - which should allow your fissure to heal up. I think Botox takes about a week to kick in and become effective, if I remember correctly from when I had it.
Ultimately however, I was one of those that Botox didn't work for, although it did improve things. It was the LIS that finally fixed me. Hopefully the Botox will work for you though, and you'll heal.
Let us know how you're going. I know the distress and despair when things seem to have taken a step backwards and the pain gets worse. Hang on in there, people do get better with this condition. I'm a case in point!
All the best.
Lauren12
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Newmommy » 14 Dec 2012, 21:46

I had Botox for the first time Dec 1 of last year. It wasn't until Dec 31 that I started feeling any sort of relief. Up until then, I was still having a lot of pain from spasms and "pressure" pain.
I will say, though, that it got MUCH worse before it got better. My doctor had warned me of this and it's because the injection site has a tendency to bruise and create it's own painful bump. Since I got two injections, one on each side, it's was brutally painful and sore. I felt like I shouldn't have done it and that I was better off before. However, about 4 weeks after my injection, one day, things were all of a sudden a whole lot better.
I started experiencing pain again in Feb of this year (2 months after the first injection) so my doctor did another round of Botox. Again, got worse before it got better but then, a few weeks later, relief again. I am now a year and a bit since my first injection and while I have had one or two times where my fissure has come back (my own fault for poor diet choices), it's always fixed itself within days and I am still good to go.
I still use Sudocrem (baby diaper rash cream) to soothe the are during any "flare up" periods and if need be, I'll use it as a sort of lubricant before a BM if I'm in any sort of pain.
I really hope the Botox works for you! It worked so well for me!!
Newmommy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Newmommy » 14 Dec 2012, 21:52

Oh, and I should also note that a few days after getting the injection, the area also became unbearably itchy and this lasted a few days at least. This happened to me both times.
Newmommy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby marg6043 » 15 Dec 2012, 08:23

Sorry to hear you are having problems, but I am familiar with having a large skin tag or sentinel pile that is so familiar with fissures that are chronic, my doctor offered surgery but never had mentioned Botox.
And yes, manipulating the affected area to do the injections just re injured your fissure again.
So sorry that you are having problems, I know how bad it is to get your fissure in a constable level to have it re injured again.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby trieditall » 17 Dec 2012, 21:45

New discovery... increased pain is due to a second large fissure that formed during the botox procedure. Seriously?? I have had this one deep chronic fissure for two years and I finally have a procedure to do something about it and that procedure causes another one??? I GIVE UP. I am resigned to the fact that I will probably have this problem for the rest of my life. Too bad I'm only 25. UGH.
trieditall
Salt Bather