Seeing crs that does anal dilitation

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Seeing crs that does anal dilitation

Postby Badd825 » 05 Jan 2013, 19:53

I had LIS scheduled for the 18th. I postponed it to the 28th because I have an appointment to see a crs that does SAD. I'm hoping its the dr
Wecc saw. He's in Long Island. If I'm a candidate for SAD I will be canceling LIS. I've had pain for over a year following the removal of 2 thrombosis hemorrhoids. I saw several crs none of whom could see a fissure although my symptoms indicated a fissure. I had Botox in April. I've been on nitro and nifedipine ointment I had hemorrhoidectomy in August all to no avail. The crs I'm currently seeing now sees a fissure which he claims is a post op fissure. I think I've had it all along. Anyway does anyone know the name of the dr in Long Island I want to make sure he's the right one because its a 2 hour trip. His staff was very nice and told me people travel from California to see this dr. Unfortunately he did not have the greatest reviews for bedside manner but at this point I'm most concerned with his skill. Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated. Sorry this is soooo long but anyone who has suffered for more than a year with this problem knows its difficult to make a long story short. I call it the tails of my asscapades.
Badd825
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: Seeing crs that does anal dilitation

Postby cherylk » 05 Jan 2013, 23:49

Badd825 wrote:I call it the tails of my asscapades.

I like that! However, sorry that I cannot answer your question. Hopefully, someone else here can!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby jr2 » 06 Jan 2013, 18:52

Hi Badd,
This is the link to the doctor's website.
http://www.colonandrectalsurgeons.com/crsli/Leiboff.html
I agree with you about bedside manner. If I could do it, I would be traveling to have this done myself. Good luck, and let us know how things turn out!
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Badd825 » 06 Jan 2013, 19:08

Thank you. That's the dr with whom I have an appt on the 17th. I sent a pm to wecc but haven't heard not sure if he's even still on this forum. I'm hoping its worth the 2 hour trip. I'm so desperate to avoid surgery that I'm willing to try almost anything. I even did Chinese medicine for 2 months. I have noting to lose and everything to gain. I still have LIS scheduled for the 28th in case I'm not a candidate for SAD. I really appreciate your taking the time to answer me and this forum has been a great source of comfort and information. I wouldn't even be looking into SAD if it wasn't for reading wecc's posts. My instincts have told me to avoid LIS so here's a hoping! I will post my experience and hope to provide information and comfort to others once this is all behind me. Praying for all of us
Badd825
Salt Bather

Postby wecc » 06 Jan 2013, 21:02

Hi All...this is the PM I sent to Barbara...I hope it helps all of you who are in need. Just know there is light at the other side
Hi Barbara….
Happy New Year. That’s him…Dr. Leiboff!!!!! I was in so much dame pain…life really sucked. I could not do anything with my kids, I had to travel for work and I have so many horror stories. I was at the point that I saw a big shot CRS and was already set for a LIS, I had the date and such. I did not want to have a LIS, like I said, so many people have issues with post-op. I do not care how they spin it, it’s not great….period As I said in one of my post, Germany which we know how advance they are went back to a form of SDA because of all the LIS post op problems. Yet with all this, I was still going to have a LIS simply because I was always in pain…always. Then as I was doing some research late one night because my butt was killing me, I stumbled onto this Dr and SAD. THANK GOD I DID.
Barbara, you read about all the post op LIS things on this site and I was playing touch football with my son and his friends 6 day after the SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The day after the SAD, I was walking in the mall. For 6 months I was waiting for something to happen…”it cannot possibility be this easy”……well 12 months and a few days and NO PAIN, nothing at all. Living 2 hours away is NADA!!! I had a lady that sent me a message that lives in LA and she got on a plane, stayed in a hotel for a few days, and they came back for a follow up again. She wrote me an email thanking me that brought tears to this old Marine.
The SAD was a breeze….really! you read all these post about how worried people are taking that post LIS BM and so was I….NOT ONE BIT OF PAIN. I am so very pissed off at the CRS community for putting people though all this when a SAD is a real alternative that works. Almost all the other developed countries do SAD….I am telling you it all comes down to $$$ and most of my family are doctors. OK I am getting off tract here……sorry. Just some of the post I have reed get me so mad. People are really suffering for no reason.
Anyway Barbara….good luck and the fact is you really are not going to need it. One last thing….the Dr does not have the best bed side manner, kind of matter of fact, maybe a bit cold. Do not let that bother you…..I do not care if he was a doctor that just got out of prison…he got rid of all my pain is about 1 hour and a year later…in great shape! I am 55 and he is a bit older, my greatest fear is if I ever need him again he might be retired. I hope he has a son in med school
wecc
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Badd825 » 06 Jan 2013, 21:15

I seriously cried reading your post wecc. I have constant pain too. It doesn't subside ever. This has had me so worried because I've read about people who only have pain after a BM. I've wondered if I have something more serious because my pain is round the clock. I'm very hopeful that this is my solution and I can't thank you enough for your information and time. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. His office manager was so wonderful on the phone so she probably makes up for his bedside manner. I just hope I'm a candidate. I will post and update and hope that I can help someone the way you have helped me and many others. Blessings to all
Badd825
Salt Bather

Postby wecc » 07 Jan 2013, 06:21

I do not know why you would not be a candidate? However with that said, I am not a CRS. In his waiting room I have spoke with peole from all age ranges. Anyway, let me know how it goes.
wecc
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby KPeff78 » 08 Jan 2013, 10:29

So sorry, new to the forum, not the problem.
My CRS jumped straight to surgical fixes... horrific recoveries etc have made me NOT schedule it yet. Hoping to find an alternative.
Does this Dr. Leiboff take new patients? Insurance??? What?
I'm in agony and willing to try anything prior to going under the knife.
KPeff78
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby wecc » 08 Jan 2013, 12:12

The point to remember is that surgeons make money on surgery, that is what they do. It’s a business like any other, with overhead and such. This is why I say that SAD are not widely available. I know for a fact it is much less profitable them LIS. Just know I am not saying most CRS’s not caring, that just the way it works. I assume he does take insurance, he took mine. In regards to new patients, you would need to call his office…. I do not have his number handy, however I am sure you can Google him. Good luck KP!!!!
wecc
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Badd825 » 08 Jan 2013, 15:34

Hi I emailed his office and they emailed me back the same day. I am a new patient and they scheduled me for next week for an exam and consultation to make sure I'm a candidate for SAD. I have insurance and lucky for me he participated with my carrier. I will post updates. Wecc has been a wonderful source of information and encouragement. I hope to do the same for others with great stories of my recovery. You can email his office at http://www.colonandrectalsurgeons.com/crsli/Leiboff.html
Select contact office and they will email you back. I emailed at 7:30am and they emailed me within 2 hours. I had to wait a little over 2 weeks for appointment but in the great scheme of things what's 2 weeks if this can be the answer to my prayers! Good luck, finger crossed.
Badd825
Salt Bather