WARNING! WARNING! Please read for advice! WARNING!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

WARNING! WARNING! Please read for advice! WARNING!

Postby ajl1239 » 18 Dec 2012, 21:22

I've been diagnosed with a supposed 'anal fissure' for two years now -- I don't know whether to believe it or not as my GP experiences have not been great, but given exposure to the 'glass pain', I do think that it is probably true.
Anyway, I went to my GP this past Monday because of continued bleeding -- he said he found what he described as a 'wart' (I doubt it -- I don't have HPV) -- when I asked if it was a skin tag -- he sort of agreed. Any thoughts on this? I'd love to hear from someone who had to have that removed. It is on the outside of my anus and red and inflamed -- leaking blood and pus.
Well, here's the warning. He also said I had pilonidal -- now I'm still waiting to confirm with the general surgeon on Thursday whether this is a birth defect or the result of hair creating an abscess. Either way, go to www.pilonidal.org and read further. Scary stuff! Makes anal fissure look like Easter, Christmas and Thanksgiving wrapped into one!
Well, my warning to guys (and girls): if you have a lot of hair in your anus (I have a hairy anus!) and/or sweat a lot in that area, please, please, please keep the area clean -- especially if you are 14-30-ish. I was hesitant to vigorously clean/shower hose in the anal area because I had read about not splitting the buttocks during healing and that a hard water spray can sometimes cause fissure troubles. The problem, though, is that if you don't keep that area clean you might develop a pilonidal sinus/abscess. So, keep it clean! Either way, I will be heading for laser hair removal consultation next week -- I have been scared straight!
Anyway, just a warning about hygiene with this condition. Keep things clean and dry! A hair dryer after your sitz baths and showers can help, I think. And, if anyone else here has had pilonidal troubles I would like to chat!
Thanks, hope this is helpful -- again, keep things CLEAN, don't sit too long on hard surfaces, and try not to get too much hair in your butt crack -- wash it out.
Not trying to scare anyone, but I just hope this can be helpful to maybe just one person.
Now, I await my scary general surgeon appointment on Thursday :/
ajl1239
Salt Bather

Topics: 31

Re: WARNING! WARNING! Please read for advice! WARNING!

Postby Reni » 21 Jan 2013, 00:02

did you have "want to push" feeling? Like I need to pass a gas but could not or I need to have a BM but there is nothing. I'm suffering from it Thanks
Reni
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Reptaronice » 21 Jan 2013, 15:48

I had this surgery years ago and i healed well but the recovery time was lengthy.
Reptaronice
Fibre Addict

Postby Reni » 21 Jan 2013, 16:02

Its nice to hear that someone recovered...
Reni
Salt Bather