Hey everyone...ouch...Hope all is well...

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hey everyone...ouch...Hope all is well...

Postby OwwDAMN-IT! » 23 Jan 2013, 13:09

Hello forum, I'm new here.
I have been battling this SOB fissure for about a year now, on and off.
Recently, I had a bad bout of diahrea, regardless of diet., and it made my fissure flare up again... Now unfortunately, it seems to have become chronic.
I have even gotten a Sentinel pile at the top, but I have been using a+D ointment, hydrocortisone cream 2.5% and Neosporin. Sitz baths with and without added iodized Salt, and a heating pad while laying down.
I am getting some relief now, but the pain was intense this morning after my bm. I have been taking Miralax for the past 2 days, and my stools are soft. Nice prunes and dried apricots coupled with white rice have given me a good consistency.
I had to do some walking in my basement today after the BM > sitz bath > shower.
Luckily I can do laps in my basement, and I ended up walking a total of about 2.5 miles! I then had sufficient relief from the pain to be able to lay down with the heating pad tucked. Under my shorts in between the shorts and my boxers.
I hope this little routine can help someone get some quick relief if they have the basics available...
I wouldn't wish this pain on my worst enemy, so I hope to get some help here on this forum as well as give some help to others. Any suggestions are appreciated, and thank you so much administrator for opening this forum.
OwwDAMN-IT!
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Hey everyone...ouch...Hope all is well...

Postby jr2 » 23 Jan 2013, 21:37

Welcome!
So sorry you too are dealing with this pain. It really is so debilitating, more so than anyone can understand unless they've been there. This forum is the best place for sharing tips, experiences, and generally for venting too.
jr2

Topics: 15

Re: Hey everyone...ouch...Hope all is well...

Postby marg6043 » 24 Jan 2013, 18:15

Welcome, all I have to say is that diarrhea is the worst as the burning is intense, that is my big problems dealing with mine.
Just make sure you bum is nice and lubricated before your BM to make things go easier with minimum irritation, I found out that once I mastered that my post BM irritation and pain is very manageable even if I have bouts of diarrhea for days.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8