heal, rip, heal, rip, heal, rip........OVER IT, AGAIN.....

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

heal, rip, heal, rip, heal, rip........OVER IT, AGAIN.....

Postby ren0318 » 12 Jul 2011, 17:56

So let me update you. Had tag removed, fissure healed. Tag wound healed, going to the bathroom perfectly, spasms stopped-- felt absolutely WONDERFUL for 3 weeks, yesterday, felt a "tiny" twinged when went BM, had a little blood, I thought ok, I'm good no biggie...This morning "BIG" pain when went BM, lots of blood....pain all day, spasms back!! BM are still going good, I DON"T UNDERSTAND (sorry to yell, just so darn frustrated). So what does a girl do? I see my CRS on Friday for a follow-up from the tag removal....
Question, I thought the LIS is to heal the fissure, so what do you do when you heal, rip, heal, rip. Should you still have the LIS, I mean if I'm capable of healing, what will the surgery do?
Thanks reno
ren0318
Salt Bather

Topics: 18

Re: heal, rip, heal, rip, heal, rip........OVER IT, AGAIN.....

Postby Guest » 12 Jul 2011, 18:07

Hey Ren,
LIS will loosen the internal sphincter muscle which lets the fissure heal. No more spasms!! I had mine almost 9 months ago. BEST thing I ever did!
Many people are able to heal and re-tear over and over but the ole sphincter is still too tight and eventually causes a re-tear. As a matter a fact that's what lead all of us to eventually having LIS. Perfect poops work after the surgery much better, so that's a plus for you that you have already accomplished.

Postby ren0318 » 12 Jul 2011, 18:32

thanks dawn, so if I understand its the sphincter muscle that is causing me to tear now because it's to tight? I've said to my DH that I think my "hole" is to small, he laughs, but it really might be!
Also I'm so sorry I didn't mean to post on this link, I was looking on this one and forgot where I was....
ren0318
Salt Bather

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 12 Jul 2011, 22:19

The internal muscle(sphincter) will clench once you get a fissure and spasm. That causes the re-tears. I healed and tore again more times than I could count in 8 months.
A PA in my CRS's office actually said something to me about different anatomies and some do have smaller (you know whats) :oops:. I don't doubt that could be a possibility. I don't know how to tastefully say that I made that observation about my own,Lol
You will probably see if you have LIS the difference in even size of your bm. Well, everything about my LIS has been good. It takes some time to heal but it's so worth it AND much ,much better than dealing with the fissure!

Postby AF Angel » 30 Jan 2013, 14:07

Hey Guest,
Are you still there ? I dont know if you can see this as a guest profile .. respond if you get this message pls ? . I want to ask something about LIS...
- AFA
AF Angel
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Jessjess » 31 Jan 2013, 12:49

Hello AF Angel,
Did your surgeon give you the option of making a "nick" in the sphincter muscle to loosen the muscle? My surgeon is going to repair my fissure and do the "nick" so that I won't ever have another fissure again.
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby AF Angel » 31 Jan 2013, 13:01

Jessjess,
No, she did not give that option. In fact, I am hearing this option for the first time. Did you do the research ? What is the success rate compared to LIS ? just curious... So, it would not have the extra cut as in LIS rt ? I have a visit to my CR tomorrow. will ask her.
- AFA
AF Angel
Salt Bather

Postby Jessjess » 31 Jan 2013, 13:15

I was just reseaching the surgery and it seems that the "nick" my surgeon talked about is the same thing as the LIS. My apologies, I was confused.
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby AF Angel » 31 Jan 2013, 13:38

Oh no probs dear, Hope everything works out good for you. I am also in the same boat. Will update after a few days.
- AFA
AF Angel
Salt Bather